47RH Rebuild Question - on a budget

Austin296

I recently bought a 94 Dodge 3500 that had "transmission issues". Come to find out, it was just completely out of fluid...Once I put 6 qts of fluid in it, it moves just fine. The truck has 240k miles on it and the trans has never been touched.

I plan to use the drive train from this truck to build a 4x4 37 Chevy pickup. The finished truck should weigh ~4,000 lbs when finished. My goal for the engine is to have around 400HP.

So I am planning to rebuild the transmission, but I dont have several grand to beef up the trans.

I found a good deal on a DPC Triple Disk Converter, so I bought it. I am planning to rebuild the transmission, but am not sure which rebuild kit to buy and what performance mods are absolutely necessary.

I am thinking about buying this kit. Any thoughts on how well this will hold up at ~400hp?

47RH Transmission Master Transmission Overhaul Kit

Find a stage 3 kit off ebay it does just fine behind 450 hp VE truck, I run a specrite converter and it does Great .

Firepunk and Power driven diesel are 2 big names for rebuild kits.
Honestly, in that lite of a vehicle with not crazy HP you won't need a very high-end kit.
If it were me I would want a billet input plus a basic performance rebuild kit and that should be fine.

Billet input shaft for sure. You could get away with running oem style cheap kit though I do like to buy gpz frictions from power driven if not a whole kit from them. Adding one more friction and steel to the direct drum and the overdrive pack is cheap enough. Billet servo cover, billet accumulator , Transgo shift kit , heavy duty strut , anchor and a 4.2 or 4.4 apply lever. A 47re steel front planet is a good upgrade for 100$ get the little sleeve that goes with it.

Back