Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sled Pulling (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   WWTP/SW WI Area Pullers 2.6 rules (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200660)

a1_dieselmech 07-16-2018 12:45 PM

WWTP/SW WI Area Pullers 2.6 rules

The question I have is a 04-06 Ford Cummins 12V swapped truck legal under these organizations. In the Western Wi Truck pullers and SWWI area pullers, both rules for 2.5 turbo trucks state that engine block have to be available in a 1 ton or smaller truck. Same is also said for transmission/transfer case 1 ton or smaller truck. So the way I understand it is that it would be doesn't say engine must be same as oem chassis, and that engine must be in oem location. I could be wrong essentially a person could swap in a 12v/nv4500 in a Ford superduty and be legal with that combination under the rules that are currently written

ryanss22 07-16-2018 07:36 PM

It's not what the rules say, but what they dont say.. you basically answered your question saying they must be from a 1 ton or less only. Nothing about same chassis... so I read it as yes you'd be legal with a Fummins

a1_dieselmech 07-16-2018 08:37 PM

I read it as a gray area too doesn't say you cant doesn't say you can. Thanks though was curious as if anybody else read it the same. Mean to spend time and cash building a truck then cant run it for points because of a gray area. Nobody else that Im aware of runs that combination in that organizations class. When I asked if my 12v swapped 04 Ram 2500 is legal the powers that be said yes. Which this to me is no different.

Bull83 07-17-2018 10:52 AM

yes it is legal to swap motors and such to any combination as we have a few trucks that have already just as long as parts are from a 1ton smaller truck

TheHammer 07-17-2018 12:35 PM

the only rule in regards to this that would be of concern, is how far forward the front of the block to the centerline of the axle must be.

a1_dieselmech 07-17-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bull83 (Post 2674993)
yes it is legal to swap motors and such to any combination as we have a few trucks that have already just as long as parts are from a 1ton smaller truck

thanks for the info

a1_dieselmech 07-17-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHammer (Post 2675007)
the only rule in regards to this that would be of concern, is how far forward the front of the block to the centerline of the axle must be.

That's true does say must be in oem location of body used. This is just an idea Im kicking around of doing a Fummins or sticking with a 94-98 Dodge ram

TheHammer 07-18-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1_dieselmech (Post 2675029)
That's true does say must be in oem location of body used. This is just an idea Im kicking around of doing a Fummins or sticking with a 94-98 Dodge ram

There should be an actual distance as ppl had that as a rule for sometime& most orgs are based or stemmed off ppls rules keeping uniform across the map.

RSieck 08-08-2018 05:55 PM

There already is a Fummins running in the SWWI club, I think it's first pass was in Gays Mills. So you'll be fine. We allow it in ECIPA as well.