Second gen roll cage question.

iride813

So hope this is the right place for this post. But anyways, I’m currently doing a cage for my drag truck. It is a second gen cummins single cab short bed. I’m just curious for some ideas on how you all made your mounts on the frame. The cab mount is right we’re i need the main hoop. Just looking for some ideas. Any help is appreciated!

Mine was done by a chassie shop, but anyway the main hoop and the main attachment points they plated and kinda "boxed" in the cab floor and welded the bars to that plated area. Then they ran a bar from the frame to main bars, if that makes sense. It's looks clean and stronger than going with an outrigger type mount.

I've seen a few trucks that tied the main hoop into the cab mount, and boxed in and braced the cab mount, looked decent and seemed strong.

Mine was done by a chassie shop, but anyway the main hoop and the main attachment points they plated and kinda "boxed" in the cab floor and welded the bars to that plated area. Then they ran a bar from the frame to main bars, if that makes sense. It's looks clean and stronger than going with an outrigger type mount.

So they just boxed off where it angles down and welded the main hoop straight to it? You pass inspection like that? NHRA says must be attached to frame, but I’ve seen a few like your talking and wondering why something like that wouldn’t work.

Back