Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Rock Exhaust (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Josh, I think I may have found something y'all DONT make... (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141877)

Amish Elegance 09-21-2012 09:12 AM

Josh, I think I may have found something y'all DONT make...

Or maybe I just didn't find it.

You were my Obie-wan Kenobie, man. I went through your pickup and medium duty catalog and didn't find what I was looking for.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day that you'll make this, so my exhaust doesn't need to exit as one."

To continue my copyright infringement, a competitor makes something that looks like this:
http://mbrpautomotive.com/products/i...bs/MDDS927.jpg

I want something like that with a 5" inlet that splits to dual four inch outlets, please.

Did I miss it? :doh:

Lemmie know, Man.

TravisG 09-21-2012 09:24 AM

Josh sat down at his desk this morning hoping for a nice easy day while he listened to Rebecca Black, Carly Jepsen and me hossing the gas on him repeatedly.

That's all out the window now. Good job Amish!!

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Elegance (Post 1891221)
Or maybe I just didn't find it.

You were my Obie-wan Kenobie, man. I went through your pickup and medium duty catalog and didn't find what I was looking for.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day that you'll make this, so my exhaust doesn't need to exit as one."

To continue my copyright infringement, a competitor makes something that looks like this:
http://mbrpautomotive.com/products/i...bs/MDDS927.jpg

I want something like that with a 5" inlet that splits to dual four inch outlets, please.

Did I miss it? :doh:

Lemmie know, Man.

Buddy...I wish I could say I make these all day long. However that is not the case. As much as I try to push what the end users want, I have been met with some resistance. I'm fairly sure we can build such a beast, probably not in 304 yet, but it will be an Aluminized 409.

I'm truely trying to push more...and better products for the end users, and also offer more "Freedom" in creating custom exhaust options while keeping the cost to a minimum...which we all know is difficult to do sometimes here state side...

I will say this much...if there is ANYTHING you think would be an item that would sell well...or an item others have not been able to produce...I encourage emails to me joshuas@grandrock.com, or sales@grandrock.com requesting them. The only way I will be able to show them there are demands like this in this industry is through visible demands. The more emails I get the better. I print them out, and I present them to the owner of the company, and the upper managment.

Thanks for the request, and I will see if there is anything I can do to make this dream of yours a reality! LOL

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisG (Post 1891227)
Josh sat down at his desk this morning hoping for a nice easy day while he listened to Rebecca Black, Carly Jepsen and me hossing the gas on him repeatedly.

That's all out the window now. Good job Amish!!

LOL yeah...what Travis said...

I did however "Hoss the Gas" on someone while out on the production floor...:badidea: they were upset with me for doing so...LOL

TravisG 09-21-2012 09:33 AM

Cropdusting ftw!!!

And did I read that right? You want a BUNCH of e-mails?

oldestof11 09-21-2012 09:34 AM

I would love 4" to dual 3"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisG (Post 1891237)
Cropdusting ftw!!!

:evil That's not what they thought... LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisG (Post 1891237)
And did I read that right? You want a BUNCH of e-mails?

As long as it's about products that would like to be seen...yes...
As long as it's about ways to improve current products...yes...
If it's about random BS things...get my personal email...LOL

TravisG 09-21-2012 09:38 AM

Gotcha. I think that would look pretty cool with the dual fours.

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldestof11 (Post 1891241)
I would love 4" to dual 3"

Interesting...wouldn't that be a bit restrictive though?

oldestof11 09-21-2012 09:43 AM

I would not think so. Triple guys are running 3"i believe

crackerman 09-21-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crzycowboy (Post 1891248)
Interesting...wouldn't that be a bit restrictive though?

Dual three's flow more than a single 4". Should be good to around 800 hp worth of exhaust flow.

Amish Elegance 09-21-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crzycowboy (Post 1891232)
Buddy...I wish I could say I make these all day long. However that is not the case. As much as I try to push what the end users want, I have been met with some resistance. I'm fairly sure we can build such a beast, probably not in 304 yet, but it will be an Aluminized 409.

I'm truely trying to push more...and better products for the end users, and also offer more "Freedom" in creating custom exhaust options while keeping the cost to a minimum...which we all know is difficult to do sometimes here state side...

I will say this much...if there is ANYTHING you think would be an item that would sell well...or an item others have not been able to produce...I encourage emails to me joshuas@grandrock.com, or sales@grandrock.com requesting them. The only way I will be able to show them there are demands like this in this industry is through visible demands. The more emails I get the better. I print them out, and I present them to the owner of the company, and the upper managment.

Thanks for the request, and I will see if there is anything I can do to make this dream of yours a reality! LOL

Dude, you almost sound a little defensive. No need, brotha. My day job has familiarized me with the plight faced by anyone manufacturing in the USA; I know its challenging.

That said, you have nothing to defend. I was impressed with the depth and breadth of your product offerings... I swear I looked at over 500 pages of catalogs. Y'all make some weird chit. LOL I just wondered if I missed it.

The basis behind this request may not be that applicable here, as many couldn't give a rats ass about dual exhaust given the added weight. I bought mine back in '04 when, I believe, Silverline was the only game in town making stainless dual exhaust for diesel trucks. I spend the extra coin for it because up until that point, I had only seen 1 other diesel truck with dual exhaust.

Fast forward 8 years, now they're everywhere. My intent is to keep my Silverline dual OTA pipes, but instead of necking down to 4" after my 5" down pipe, I want to run 5" through the muffler then split to my 4"duals.

I guess triple guys could turn the thing around and take 2 4" S300 discharges and combine them into 1 five inch cat back system too.

BigPapa 09-21-2012 11:57 AM

How about an IC pipe to run a 3rd Gen turbo on a 2nd Gen? Any interest there?

3" bent similar to this:

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c70be26.jpg

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackerman (Post 1891371)
Dual three's flow more than a single 4". Should be good to around 800 hp worth of exhaust flow.

Interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amish Elegance (Post 1891372)
Dude, you almost sound a little defensive. No need, brotha. My day job has familiarized me with the plight faced by anyone manufacturing in the USA; I know its challenging.

That said, you have nothing to defend. I was impressed with the depth and breadth of your product offerings... I swear I looked at over 500 pages of catalogs. Y'all make some weird chit. LOL I just wondered if I missed it.

The basis behind this request may not be that applicable here, as many couldn't give a rats ass about dual exhaust given the added weight. I bought mine back in '04 when, I believe, Silverline was the only game in town making stainless dual exhaust for diesel trucks. I spend the extra coin for it because up until that point, I had only seen 1 other diesel truck with dual exhaust.

Fast forward 8 years, now they're everywhere. My intent is to keep my Silverline dual OTA pipes, but instead of necking down to 4" after my 5" down pipe, I want to run 5" through the muffler then split to my 4"duals.

I guess triple guys could turn the thing around and take 2 4" S300 discharges and combine them into 1 five inch cat back system too.

Sorry if I sounded a bit defensive. Really I wasn't, I just wanted to vent a little at the same time answer your question I guess. I am serious regarding products you'd like to see offered though...feed them to me and I'll present them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPapa (Post 1891384)

3" bent similar to this:

You know...been asked a couple times regarding these. I think if we do air to air we should be ok. Our 304SS bending abilities are not there as of yet, so we would have to use our standard mild steel or 409 Aluminized stainless steel tubing.

Snedge 09-21-2012 12:11 PM

Enough with the excuses Josh. Amish wants it. Nuff said.?

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snedge (Post 1891392)

:doh: Thanks Jeff...I almost forgot...I'll get right on that man...

BigPapa 09-21-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crzycowboy (Post 1891388)
we would have to use our standard mild steel or 409 Aluminized stainless steel tubing.

Factory tubing is mild steel, right? I'd think that would be fine.

crzycowboy 09-21-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPapa (Post 1891397)
Factory tubing is mild steel, right? I'd think that would be fine.

Possible. I've never had a factory one in my hands to see. It could be a mild steel or a low grade stainless. I've made a set of custom ones for a local pulling truck we sponsored, and they were mild steel he had coated blue to match the color on the truck.

jamesl 09-21-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPapa (Post 1891384)

3" bent similar to this:

something kinda like this? price is a little hard to swallow though

STAINLESS DIESEL PIPE

Amish Elegance 09-21-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snedge (Post 1891392)

Thanks for the backup, Jeff. Nice to know I got some muscle on my side out there. :D