Full Selection of GTX units in stock

DRTurbo

Turbocharger Engineer
You guys asking about GTX units, we have a full selection of the GTX's units in stock. From the small GTX30's up to the GTX55's. Call for pricing and we have custom turbine housings also available for use with the Spool Valve.

Attachments

• 564018_10151867365220103_1914566979_n.jpg
    564018_10151867365220103_1914566979_n.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
These chargers are badass! I am involved with a duramax running a 94mm gtx55. That this is a beast!

Oh yeah. Ron Allen is slapping the GTX55-94mm unit right now and we'll see some results as a twin also. They are simply the baddest units out right now.

Compressor maps below...

Attachments

• GTX5518R CM.jpg
    GTX5518R CM.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • GTX5533R94CM.jpg
    GTX5533R94CM.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
I want to try one of those gtx5518's so bad! If I had the coin it would be on my truck already lol!

We have sold several just yesterday and today. Looks like a few guys want to see what they can do with them. The GTX5518 would make for possibly the best big charger in a twin setup I can think of. Big power like a thumper and spool like a smaller charger.

I want that bad boy as a single lol! An 88 capable of 1600hp is unheard of!!!!! Part of me says just put a manual tranny in and buy the 94 and be done with it..... So many decisions so little time lol!

Last edited:
Compressor housing is .81 instead of .69 and isn't machined where the boot slides on. Garrett getting lazy Jose?:poke:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
The gtx we received was the same way. We welded a vband on so it wasn't an issue. The 106 that was on the truck before had the same .81a/r and didn't have a machined hose barb either.

Compressor housing is .81 instead of .69 and isn't machined where the boot slides on. Garrett getting lazy Jose?:poke:

Ron that cover is machined that way at Garrett. Partly since that cover is used on another unit which doesn't require the machined outlet (Genset).

Jose, Can my JB version GT55 94mm cast be upgraded to the GTX wheel? Are these new units dual bb or just jb?

Thanks. Chris

Yes we have ETR 94mm wheels made for the JB units :woohoo:

GT55ETRmid.jpg

Got it in finally and drove it around the block(thanks to some well placed duct tape). Starts to lift off the peg at around 5psi boost which is about where the 91mm started coming up. Seems a bit louder but only took it up to about 8psi on the primary for fear of my duct tape job failing. Not offensive, but i can hear it a bit more.

Got it in finally and drove it around the block(thanks to some well placed duct tape). Starts to lift off the peg at around 5psi boost which is about where the 91mm started coming up. Seems a bit louder but only took it up to about 8psi on the primary for fear of my duct tape job failing. Not offensive, but i can hear it a bit more.

Yes they have more whistle to them. Its due to the cover and MWE.

Back