"no BS" 2.5 max HP

nwpadmax

Turbo Geek
Opinions please, what is the max diesel flywheel or RW HP out of the following:

2.5" inducer, no steps, cuts, ledges, or other baloney on the wheel.
1/8" protrusion.

STOCK MWE (~0.140") in a more or less stock location. Can be moved around but obviously not in front of the wheel and no forward facing BS.

No limitations on turbines.

No water/air intercooler to help, just air/air.

Or if you have a number with a 0.200 or other MWE let us know.

I can give you real data December 8th because we're going to the engine dyno with a few different turbo combinations all which will be legal to NADM rules which is 2.5" before and after the map groove.

I know currently of a few trucks in the high 7's on chassis dynos which both are duramaxs. I have a ppump 24V Cummins. I really think we can easily break 900, if not even more to the crank with the right combinations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The NADM rule wording is retarded.

On any factory box stock charger, the wheel will be bigger at the back of the groove than at the front because the rule of thumb is the MWE goes roughly about 20% along the meridional length of the contour....which means it will never be along the straight protruding portion of the wheel. I pointed this out when they came along but of course Gene couldn't be bothered to answer or fix it.

Anyone else catch this? It's easily measured with calipers....

Last edited:
Im making around 600 with a box stock s464. Im lost at how these guys are making this kind of power with a 2.5 turbo

There's secret squirrel videos of 1000+hp on engine dynos with COTPC/BoB legal 2.5 chargers from around this tri-state (IN-OH-KY) area... some of em are winning, some aren't.

With a big clipped wheel and BS MWE, I could start to believe 1000, but with non clipped, I'm not buying it.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Isnt the frame size limited to a S400, didn't think the turbine would support much over 1000 even at 2.6, how would it be doing that with the 2.5 rules.

Isnt the frame size limited to a S400, didn't think the turbine would support much over 1000 even at 2.6.

Saw a couple S400's get around quite a few HX60 trucks in 2.6" this year, not sure why people underrate that frame size.

With a big clipped wheel and BS MWE, I could start to believe 1000, but with non clipped, I'm not buying it.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Tapered wheel is no different than a clipped wheel. Just meets different rules that don't say anything about protrusion.......

True 2.5 TCT S464/87 engine dyno around 825hp and ITPA Big 2.5 .250map 1040hp range give or take a few depending on motor combos.

I ran cotpc and I know we are up there but cannot speculate where as I have not dyno yet. Chassis dyno is pointless IMO. Depends on the operator and how he runs it. I'll jump on an engine dyno this winter. Hoping to be 1100+ crank hp after some new work. Right now I guess I am around 850rwhp and finished 2nd cotpc.

Back