Thailand at it again...7.53 at 177, Pro Stock Truck!

Yeah, the one that went 8.22 a few years ago at the NHRDA Finals was a 4-banger...not sure what this one is.

That's a wide track!

I'd like to see one of those come back over here again. That was really neat.

i thought it was a mitubishi 4cylinder. with all custom one off parts including ecu/ecm. last one was setup if memory serves me right only a 71mm charger.

I thought they were running Isuzu 2.8L diesel based engines, much like the one that is now found in the Colorado and Canyon diesel trucks...

I'm not sure about these latest ones, but I am pretty sure the last one was based on that 2.8L Isuzu.

I thought they were running Isuzu 2.8L diesel based engines, much like the one that is now found in the Colorado and Canyon diesel trucks...

I'm not sure about these latest ones, but I am pretty sure the last one was based on that 2.8L Isuzu.

That's what I remember it being as well

What kinda engines are in those things!? Whatever it is, I need one in a foxbody mustang lol.

These are the 2.5L Duramax 4cyl engine that is the sister engine to the one's in our US Colorado and Canyon's. They have been at this with them for 10 years now and doing awesome to say the least!:clap:

Yes they are the small Isuzu motors, fast as hell, Sweet Diesel, (Simon) lives over now. Those boys need some serious work on the tree however!!:lolly:

Yes they are the small Isuzu motors, fast as hell, Sweet Diesel, (Simon) lives over now. Those boys need some serious work on the tree however!!:lolly:

Seems to me that there are a lot of diesel drag racers that could use some quality time on a practice tree. We have a few that are VERY good on the tree, and a lot that are... well, less good...

Seems to me that there are a lot of diesel drag racers that could use some quality time on a practice tree. We have a few that are VERY good on the tree, and a lot that are... well, less good...

Very true, whole different animal in the non-diesel world. If you are bracket racing you better have at least an 0.030 light and run within a couple 100's of your dial or you are probably going to lose.

Very true, whole different animal in the non-diesel world. If you are bracket racing you better have at least an 0.030 light and run within a couple 100's of your dial or you are probably going to lose.

For sure! I think more diesel guys will get there as they get their trucks consistent and don't have to wrench on them as much. Then they will be able to up the other aspects of their game rather than just focusing on getting it to make power and hold the engine and transmission together for a few passes. Many of the gassers are almost automatic and they run the same number time and time again without problems!!!

For all the advances we've seen in diesel drag racing it is still pretty new in relation to drag racing in general!

Back