Best large small frame

smokingoat04

Not real sure
Looking for solid numbers, or real world experience on turbo opinions. Looking to change my setup on the pulling truck due to a local place putting on 10 or so hooks within 30 miles. Basically the turbo rules are 66mm s300 or smaller or unlimited stock appearing. T-4 max. Looking for max power in a stick shift common rail. I have looked at 67/67 he351 stuff and s366sxe but haven't looked into any thing this small in 8 years and I know a lot has changed. So what custom, or box setups does everyone think will make the most power

If you're looking for max power your going to either be looking for a 67/67 or 67/68.5 he351cw OR a custom compressor s366sx3. The 366sxe turbine is not what you want.

If you're looking for max power your going to either be looking for a 67/67 or 67/68.5 he351cw OR a custom compressor s366sx3. The 366sxe turbine is not what you want.

Huhh??

I’d put my money on an s366 or 369 sxe making more power and living longer than any he351 based charger money will buy...

Huhh??

I’d put my money on an s366 or 369 sxe making more power and living longer than any he351 based charger money will buy...

1. Sxe turbine is garbage vs the sx3 turbine. 2. He said include is 66mm s300 limited, so a 369 ain't gonna fly. 3. I was make a suggestion for each platform, not that a 351 was necessarily going to make more power than an s300. BUT, those 67/67s have proven to make 900whp.

I thought the 74 sxe turbine was the cats pajamas compared to the old clipped sx3

Nope, the unclipped flows less and spool up difference is negligable IME. John Bewley and FI said that they saw over 100hp difference swapping nothing but turbines on the dyno. Now keep in mind that's gas world but still.

My guess is you aren't going to get the real best answer on here... just a hunch... but pulling truck turbos that are winners aren't likely gonna be spec'd out on here for the world to see/know.

Unless the class/area isn't super serious or competitive about it. Then maybe a box stock 366 of some variety will get you what you need.

Best of luck.

Back