USA-EAST 2013 "Rules Meeting"

rickFPP

Promoter USA-EAST
the rules meeting to determine USA-EAST rules for 2013 will be held at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds near New Castle, Pennsylvania on

TUESDAY - OCTOBER 23, 2012 at 7:00pm

all interested persons are welcome to attend. ONLY 2012 members of USA-EAST will be permitted to vote on any possible changes to the rules.

more information to follow..... but, HOLD that date.

2013 rule meeting

FPP will be instituting a true Work Stock Diesel class in 2013. rules will be discussed at this meeting.

Also the Pro Stock Diesel class will have a written rule for those trucks that do not have a complete OEM bed in place. These rules will be modeled after the NADM and Central Ohio rules. Pullers with views on these changes need to attend the meeting.

And we will be looking at our RWYB class with regard to Diesel Trucks competing in that division.

I hear that the rules meeting went well. its good to hear that usa east is going to allow hood stacks and hand throttles in 2.6. But I did hear about some snot nose punk kids pulling some shenanigans in the parking lot "oraling coal". I dont want to see USA EAST get a bad rap from this kind of behavior and poor decisions of some!

Amendments:

1) hood stacks legal. (no one opposed)

2) Hand throttles legal. (one opposing vote)

3) Stayed with "Reese style" hitch meaning the cross tube should load the frame near the end of the frame rails. No drawbar style hitches that move the chassis loading point to directly above the rear axle. Long discussion ensued.

4) asked for MORE plug checking of inducer bores to keep people honest. Pullers should be prepared to remove the intakes to make teching quick.

5) 4-wheel hydraulic brakes must be fully functional on all trucks, needs tech attention because apparently some competitors could not follow this rule in 2012.

Did I miss anything?

Amendments:

1) hood stacks legal. (no one opposed)

2) Hand throttles legal. (one opposing vote)

3) Stayed with "Reese style" hitch meaning the cross tube should load the frame near the end of the frame rails. No drawbar style hitches that move the chassis loading point to directly above the rear axle. Long discussion ensued.

4) asked for MORE plug checking of inducer bores to keep people honest. Pullers should be prepared to remove the intakes to make teching quick.

5) 4-wheel hydraulic brakes must be fully functional on all trucks, needs tech attention because apparently some competitors could not follow this rule in 2012.

Did I miss anything?

I have seen number 5 missed alot. At the national event you would think the top runners would follow all of the rules for fear of a DQ.

Back