Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Full Pull Productions (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   2.5 Diesel Class for 2015 ???? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174466)

rickFPP 09-17-2014 07:38 PM

2.5 Diesel Class for 2015 ????

USA-EAST will host a meeting to discuss a possible 2.5 Diesel 4x4 class for the 2015 season. The meeting will be held at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds near New Castle, PA on Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 7:00pm. All interested parties are welcome to attend the meeting where rules will be discussed for the possible new class. IF you are not at the meeting .... :what:

This is the ONLY meeting for the 2.5 diesel 4x4 class that is planned.

If this new class comes about, the current Work Stock Diesel 4x4 class with USA-EAST will be incorporated into the new 2.5 class.

cummins724 09-17-2014 08:04 PM

Nice!

rawdog 09-18-2014 07:29 AM

Maybe after that the 2.6 class will get with the rest of the country

PsdPullerJR 09-23-2014 07:29 PM

Any proposed rules so people have something to think about?

01 HO 10-09-2014 02:46 PM

Is this still going on tonight?!?!? Haven't heard much else about this. What building at the fairgrounds?

TBittner 10-09-2014 03:55 PM

Yes It is

PsdPullerJR 10-09-2014 09:21 PM

Any word on what was discussed?

TBittner 10-10-2014 09:11 AM

Anyone make the meeting and can share results?

TBittner 10-10-2014 12:47 PM

This is what I've heard so far:

1.Weight is set at 8500 front hanging weights permitted but no weight boxes
2.Map groove set at .150 inches will be a diagram to specify location acceptable for MWE
3.Single tire unless factory OEM dully truck
4. Dual ground contact patch of one side dual tires set at 18"
5.Air to Air
6.Hanging weights allowed 60" front axle no weight boxes
7.8500lbs max weight
8.Intake runners allowed
9.No frame Turbo specification all of these would be ok s-400 Frame, HX50, GT42
10.True 2.5 no clipped wheels or stepped covers, all air must go through the 2.5 inducer bore, plug 2.550
11.Safety: fire extinguisher,no fire suit, trans covers, air shut off
12.Drive shaft loops highly suggested

Still needs confirmed with USA east tech committee

ecc_33 10-10-2014 03:03 PM

WTF LMAO 8500lbs? Were in the fook did they pull these turbo rules from? Wow I hope that was a joke! Duallys aloud only on duallys? And they are allowed 18"s of tire. Wow simply amazing.

ComnRailPwr 10-10-2014 03:19 PM

With rules like posted theirs no point in 2.5 class. 8500# Dually trucks slinging a non protruding s480 with a bell pressed in the cover. Hopefully there is a lot more definition to the turbo rule.

nwpadmax 10-10-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr (Post 2368766)
With rules like posted theirs no point in 2.5 class. 8500# Dually trucks slinging a non protruding s480 with a bell pressed in the cover. Hopefully there is a lot more definition to the turbo rule.

There was no intention to have a class like yours at ~1000hp. The intention was be be down several hundred HP from that.

Everybody else is doing their own thing, and that's fine with them...so how about being fine with this? I believe this will be a great common sense 2.5 class that eliminates all the BS that we saw play out in the disaster 2.6 has become.

If you don't like it, don't pull it, pretty simple. FPP work stock hooks had good turnout last year and this bumps the HP up a hair and levels the playing field for Ford and Dodge. Explain how that is a negative.

Call it hot workstock if you want.

97rada 10-10-2014 06:57 PM

2.5 Diesel Class for 2015 ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwpadmax (Post 2368825)
There was no intention to have a class like yours at ~1000hp.

Everybody else is doing their own thing, and that's fine with them...so how about being fine with this? I believe this will be a great common sense 2.5 class that eliminates all the BS that we saw play out in the disaster 2.6 has become.

If you don't like it, don't pull it, pretty simple. FPP work stock hooks had good turnout last year and this bumps the HP up a hair and levels the playing field for Ford and Dodge. Explain how that is a negative.

Call it hot workstock if you want.

He was saying the turbo rules are not clear at all. I could run a bushed s480 and pass your rules. It needs to have more map wording. More protrusion rules ect. Basically saying if you don't it WILL end up like 2.6
I think a very hot work stock woukd be a fun class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwpadmax 10-10-2014 07:00 PM

Wait for the specific wording to come out before dreaming up stupid BS like an S480 with a bell....come on, folks. The meeting was a discussion time and the final rules will be posted when they are.....FINAL...

We are going have a 2.5 inducer, with some small amount of protrusion that does not require everyone to go buy a custom wheel (since no factory wheel has 1/8" protrusion).... and put essentially a stock MWE in a normal stock location. That help? No secondary inducers!

Think along the lines of what a stock GT4088 or S464 compressor inlet looks like....and that's what this will look like when we get the wording down exactly....and a drawing will be provided.

PsdPullerJR 10-10-2014 07:28 PM

Intake runners? So the cummins can mill the side off and run the zz or something like that? Looks like the mid pack 2.6 guys don't want to put the super farm charger on so it'll just be add 500 lbs and change the cover and make a class for themselves. After the mess with 2.6 you would think it would be a smooth bore to control it and not leave the grey area open because to know dang well it'll be gotten around.

nwpadmax 10-10-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsdPullerJR (Post 2368842)
Intake runners? So the cummins can mill the side off and run the zz or something like that? Looks like the mid pack 2.6 guys don't want to put the super farm charger on so it'll just be add 500 lbs and change the cover and make a class for themselves. After the mess with 2.6 you would think it would be a smooth bore to control it and not leave the grey area open because to know dang well it'll be gotten around.

Smoothbore is nice from a technical standpoint. How many guys you know have a 2.5 smoothbore charger to start the class? And you want to tell stock chargered trucks they can't pull?

This minimizes gray area and allows a guy with a box S464 to come hook. And everyone with stock chargers is in as long as they meet the measurements (and all already do to my knowledge). We wanted to include as many hot street trucks as possible. This will do that.

Everything is a compromise. The 8500 is so that the newest duallies can come hook without having to strip it down.

And yes if you think running a ZZ fab intake (on a Dmax or Cummins or PSD) with a small charger and no air/water intercooler is a good use of your dollars....well go ahead, LOL....

ecc_33 10-10-2014 07:43 PM

Waiting for the single cp3 rule and no ag governors...... Seriously though. Someone comes in with a first gen cummins dually. Throws 2500lbs on the nose with some tire setup that puts more rubber on the ground than any set of 4 tires. Has a custom turbo made to your rules setting on the side of a full roller scheid engine. And just pounds the class night after night. Imho I would just adopt something local that way the other 2.5 guys don't have to yet again buy another charger to compete if they want to come play. I truley hope this all works out for you guys. These turbo guys are once again licking there chops and loving all these turbo rules popping up all over the country.

nwpadmax 10-10-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc_33 (Post 2368845)
Waiting for the single cp3 rule and no ag governors...... Seriously though. Someone comes in with a first gen cummins dually. Throws 2500lbs on the nose with some tire setup that puts more rubber on the ground than any set of 4 tires. Has one of your custom turbos made to your rules. And just pounds the class night after night. Imho I would just adopt something local that way the other 2.5 guys don't have to yet again buy another charger to compete if they want to come play. I truley hope this all works out for you guys.

Dude, the single CP3 rule makes the common rail guys spend $3k to keep up with the P-pump guys, this has been hashed out forever. It makes no sense.

Yes, a specialized truck is going to win. They do that a lot. Last year my buddy in a single big CP3 Dmax was the top of the WS class. This lets the other two brands have their fair shot. That's a good thing.

Are you suggesting we should add a 35x12.50 single tire limit? Can still be put in.

ecc_33 10-10-2014 07:56 PM

Now we are on the same page! Yes, Single tire limit 35x12.50 would be plenty of tire for a 2.5 truck. That makes duallys pull on wheel off the back and still fit the rules. Can also easily lighten up a heavy dually truck by having lighter alumn. rims.

nwpadmax 10-10-2014 07:57 PM

Well we kicked around a 245 limit on duallies.....the suggested verbiage is basically 9" tread width per dually tire, and I haven't measured many to see if that is overkill. How wide is a BFG 245 at the tread (not the section width you see on the web site)?

A single limit is fine with me, maybe others will chime in on that.

Maybe we can revisit that.