When The guys at D&J DREAM BIG!!

D&J Precision

This is a little project we have been designing for the last year or so in our spare time. We are going to be cutting it soon so follow here for updates.

Attachments

• block pic 1.jpg
    block pic 1.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0
  • block pic 3.jpg
    block pic 3.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
Seems to be the complete opposite of fleece and lsm. Bedplate versus caps, and tons of webbing features versus smooth.

I see derek rose had his head studs pull out of his aluminum block....do you have any plans to combat that issue?

Yes we are going to run a 5/8 thread with more thread engagement. Also if the customer does our billet head we will have 14 more head studs.

Yes Chris we need to Hard part is a lot of this will be done over weeks so we need to figure out what to do when you are not here I am not the best with a camera.

Seems to be the complete opposite of fleece and lsm. Bedplate versus caps, and tons of webbing features versus smooth.

I see derek rose had his head studs pull out of his aluminum block....do you have any plans to combat that issue?

Lol at the fleece vs D&J comparison.

I digress!

Bet it's pretty! Gonna be sweet, what do you think the power capabilities will be compared to OE? Weight savings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks good Drew! Gonna run cross bolts in the mains or nah?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Now, build/design a block with an integral head like a steyr.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You guys bring up a good point. From the image, that bed plate is a smooth joint with the bottom of the block structure. I would want them to interlock. It may be interlocking, just can't see it in the images.

I wish I had this skill set.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So how many bolts are you using for each main journal on the bedplate?

Are you designing to be able to mate any stock dimension parts, or is everything custom?

Instead of making lines to run from the pan to oil pump look up dailey engineering and see how they do their oil pans. With the location of your oil pump i think that style of oil pan would work well.

Pat and his dad build awesome dry sump equipment. He is a desert racer as well. Real nice guy for sure!!!

Tell him that I suggested him too...

Glad to see these fellas posting. I think I may have some work for them. Excellent placement on the dry sump pump.

Back