Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   TS Performance Products (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   TS shiftmaster problem (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117739)

foreman9984 08-16-2011 09:14 PM

TS shiftmaster problem

I bought a shiftmaster second hand, installed it on my 2005. I ran the wires correctly - not to the battery! But still ended up with a throttle valve actuator low circuit voltage code, the first problem was a bad splice in the harness under the loom, found and fixed that problem, but now I am getting the low voltage code and the transmission will not shift. Also the directions keep talking about a 5 wire connector, but mine has 6 wires in a 6 wire connector. There are no directions for a 6 wire install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Why not actually make it a "plug and play" install like the box says and make a Y harness that has a female and male connector for the actuator?

Big Swole 08-16-2011 09:36 PM

My 05 did the same thing..

I had to run a power wire up to the battery and buy and wire up a voltage reducer from Radio Shack so it would only get the 5v's...

I took mine off recently and I'll have to look at it as to what I did with the wiring deal 5 vs 6 cause I think mine was the same way...

I'll get back to ya...

Big Swole 08-16-2011 09:38 PM

Oh yeah.... but he first time, I pulled the power off my MP8 but I didn't like that and then went with the radio shack deal...

foreman9984 08-17-2011 08:44 AM

Alright Please let me know what it took to make it work, I'm not too happy that i had to butcher my transmission harness only to find out it dosn't work. Thanks.

wizzo 08-18-2011 09:00 AM

you purchased it second hand and the unit you are describeing is a few years old. the best thing you can do is send it to us so we can make sure the board isn't fried from the previous user and as long as the board is good we will send you a newer harness and the correct instructions that address your 6 pin connector.

we do not check this board every day but we have a tech line you can call M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm cst. when you purchase used parts, like in this case, you never know what the original user may have done incorrectly, we would be glad to test out the unit for you.

feel free to call me directly at TS 270 746 9999 ext 1115

foreman9984 08-18-2011 03:20 PM

I called and talked to Drew, he was helpful, but could not come up with an answer for a piece on the wiring harness. I believe it is a transient voltage protection device or some sort of voltage activated switch. I NEED the truck on saturday and am going to try one other thing to get it going. Otherwise I'm going to put it back to the way it was before. Are the wire colors I need to splice/cut different on 6 wire instead of 5 wire system?

foreman9984 08-19-2011 04:30 PM

I got it figured out! Had to remove/bypass the transient voltage protection device. After talking to drew he said the current harness does not have that so i got rid of it and all codes cleared and trans works good. Thanks.