Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drag Racing (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Winter plans (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201317)

Timbeaux 10-23-2018 02:47 PM

Winter plans

Now that you have spent all racing season breaking stuff, what do you plan on upgrading over the winter to spend next racing season braking some more?

sootie 10-23-2018 03:40 PM

didn't break enough...need some more power. Hoping to put a 76mm atmo charger in front of the 65.5mm vgt in the valley while i have the room with the trans out. Full comp trans waiting to be put to the test!

SPEEDSHIFT 10-23-2018 04:30 PM

After I rebuild the trans I just broke, I plan on going to a bigger cam, bigger injectors, more nitrous, and hopefully get into the 9s.

TheBac 10-23-2018 08:04 PM

Selling all my Dmax stuff and buying some parts for my Vette.

Got Smoke? 10-24-2018 09:26 AM

Going to tear into mine a bunch and hopefully get closer to being able to run 7.70 next year. I know I'm trying to race a land yacht compared to other trucks, but I'm going to have fun trying.

Got some bigger injectors in and trying to make it to a track before they all close for the year, but I need to mess with suspension tires timing fueling and driver area's. LOL

TheSilverBullet 10-24-2018 10:23 AM

Upgrade keyboards and race it!

RascalMafia 10-24-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBac (Post 2683587)
Selling all my Dmax stuff and buying some parts for my Vette.

Right now is the perfect time to buy crocs and jorts; I just scored a hell of a deal at Walmart!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Timbeaux 10-24-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT (Post 2683564)
After I rebuild the trans I just broke, I plan on going to a bigger cam, bigger injectors, more nitrous, and hopefully get into the 9s.

I think that is a wonderful idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Smoke? (Post 2683622)
Going to tear into mine a bunch and hopefully get closer to being able to run 7.70 next year. I know I'm trying to race a land yacht compared to other trucks, but I'm going to have fun trying.

Got some bigger injectors in and trying to make it to a track before they all close for the year, but I need to mess with suspension tires timing fueling and driver area's. LOL

Do you even know how to dragrace a sledpulling truck, bro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RascalMafia (Post 2683631)
Right now is the perfect time to buy crocs and jorts; I just scored a hell of a deal at Walmart!

Somebody call Dalpilot. He loves a good deal on Jorts and Crocs.

TheBac 10-24-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RascalMafia (Post 2683631)

What can I say? Always wanted a C5, now I own one. Wanted something both the wife and I could enjoy, plus I just got tired of the diesel stuff.

But I dont think crocs can survive in the cold, and I havent seen lawn jarts since I was a kid.

zstroken 10-24-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBac (Post 2683698)
What can I say? Always wanted a C5, now I own one. Wanted something both the wife and I could enjoy, plus I just got tired of the diesel stuff.

But I dont think crocs can survive in the cold, and I havent seen lawn jarts since I was a kid.

Jorts.... not Jarts LOL.

I have Crocs, they work fine in the cold LOL

SmokeShow 10-24-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBac (Post 2683698)

jorts, Tom. jorts = jean+shorts :rockwoot:

Timbeaux 10-25-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeShow (Post 2683708)
jorts, Tom. jorts = jean+shorts :rockwoot:

Tom only wears brown pants.

Got Smoke? 10-25-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbeaux38 (Post 2683660)
Do you even know how to dragrace a sledpulling truck, bro?

I'm still getting the hang of it.... the FMVB isn't the best for consistency obviously but so far I started out running high 9's this summer and my best pass to date was at SDX 8.78 completely cleaning up all my fuel.

Had to call that crazy Arkansas duck to fix that problem!

khaoskustoms 10-25-2018 02:00 PM

I have a little list for this winter. Refresh my transission, remove the trans brake from it, clean up and fix a couple small oil leaks, install two stages of nitrous and maybe turn the pump up a little more. This season was a good season for me as I managed a new personal best of 11.43 @ 118mph with the little 4bt. Currently on the fence on wether or not to put a roll bar in the truck since it's only going to go faster with more power.

Really looking forward to dialing in our new race truck next season. The goal is a consistent low 9 second 1/4 bracket racer that we can compete with against the local gas cars.

Timbeaux 10-25-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaoskustoms (Post 2683765)
I have a little list for this winter. Refresh my transission, remove the trans brake from it, clean up and fix a couple small oil leaks, install two stages of nitrous and maybe turn the pump up a little more. This season was a good season for me as I managed a new personal best of 11.43 @ 118mph with the little 4bt. Currently on the fence on wether or not to put a roll bar in the truck since it's only going to go faster with more power.

Really looking forward to dialing in our new race truck next season. The goal is a consistent low 9 second 1/4 bracket racer that we can compete with against the local gas cars.

Gonna keep the transbrake off of it?

jasonc 10-25-2018 05:38 PM

Its finally cooling off enough to race down here.

zachu812 10-26-2018 06:52 AM

Gonna upgrade my wiped out stock cam, swap in a FMVB, and finally get rid of all the cheap Auto Zone u-joints that somehow haven't broken yet.

khaoskustoms 10-26-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbeaux38 (Post 2683780)
Gonna keep the transbrake off of it?

Yes. The transbrake never worked very well for me right from the start. I learned to footbrake the truck and get consistent with it so that's what I'm going to stay with.

FV SarahBrent 11-06-2018 03:35 PM

Try to loose some weight, I got fat��

Subman631 11-07-2018 01:13 PM

Think you'll find a fair number of, "race trucks" for sale with people moving on to something else.