Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo Performance Products (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Delayed Shipping and Response Times...next few weeks :( (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151610)

Turbo Performance 03-22-2013 02:00 PM

Delayed Shipping and Response Times...next few weeks :(

Last Wednesday I was out with friends for dinner, when I picked up a glass to take a drink, and it shattered when it left the table, cutting my wrist and pinky finger. I had 5 hours worth of surgery 2 days ago. Ended up with 4 cut tendons, a cut nerve and another partially cut tendon.

I was really hoping to be able to continue business as usual (albeit one handed) but with the amount of pain I've been in and the number of Dr. and PT appts. coming up. There's probably going to be at least a few times where I'm going to miss some calls or can't get blankets out as quickly as I normally would.

I'm also going to put any custom blankets on hold for the next couple weeks since it's almost impossible to build templates and one-off blankets, one handed. I'm still taking orders and able to work, just not to the level I'm used to. I wanted to give everyone a heads up and apologize in advance for the short term change in customer service. I should have my splint off in a few weeks and be back to full speed business wise then. :o

Don't hesitate to call or message me with any questions.

Levi

jedeka 03-22-2013 02:16 PM

Wow !! What a terrible situation. Best wishes on the road to a speedy recovery.

J.D.

Turbo Performance 03-24-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedeka (Post 2038206)
Wow !! What a terrible situation. Best wishes on the road to a speedy recovery.

J.D.

Thanks J.D. I appreciate it.

Turbo Performance 04-17-2013 01:41 PM

Just a quick update. Things have progressed slower than expected. My hand hasn't been as responsive to PT or quick to recover as I initially hoped. They're keeping me in a splint another 2 weeks and won't be 100% for another 4-6 weeks.

I have PT several times a week along with a weekly Dr. visit. I'm still doing as much as possible but I still miss calls during appts. Please leave a message if I don't answer and I'll return calls as quickly as possible. Thanks everyone.

Levi

Carolee 06-27-2013 02:10 AM

Sorry to hear that.

diesel_importer 07-15-2013 11:40 AM

Man, that's a freak accident. I hope all is going well. Is the restaurant covering costs?
I'm wanting to get a price on blankets for my Steed Speed T4 manifold and S400 turbo. I found the s400 blankets, but I want to make sure the factory manifold blanket will fit a Steed Speed manifold.

Turbo Performance 07-15-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_importer (Post 2117850)
Man, that's a freak accident. I hope all is going well. Is the restaurant covering costs?
I'm wanting to get a price on blankets for my Steed Speed T4 manifold and S400 turbo. I found the s400 blankets, but I want to make sure the factory manifold blanket will fit a Steed Speed manifold.

Not sure yet. Still have to wait another month to see if the feeling in a couple fingers will come back before I have any conversations with their insurance about what is going to be paid.

To answer your question, yes, the manifold blanket will fit steed speed manifolds as well.

StainlessRRA 07-15-2013 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear it Levi. I've been in a similar situation lately(though I'm one footed and was able to avoid surgery) and it really slows you down! I have packages to ship off and my free day to do so I was unable to even walk out of the house.

diesel_importer 07-15-2013 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What about provisions for an external gate port?
Attachment 44905

estrada5.9 07-15-2013 12:56 PM

Sorry to hear man.

No one you can mentor to help you out?

Oh and any pictures sounds pretty gnarly?

Turbo Performance 07-15-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estrada5.9 (Post 2117891)
Sorry to hear man.

No one you can mentor to help you out?

Oh and any pictures sounds pretty gnarly?

No need for help. I'm okay for the most part now. Full motion, just a numb middle finger and numb on the inside part of both ring and fore fingers.

I only took a couple days off after the surgery then plowed through the 6 weeks with the splint on. Sewing with one hand and just putting in the hours to make up for slower production.

Here's a few pics, first one is right before they pulled the stitches, about 3 weeks after surgery? 2nd one is about 4 weeks. The third is what it looks like now. Bear in mind, all the cutting is from the Dr. and surgery. The initial cut from the glass was on my pinkie/wrist and isn't even visible in the pic cause my wrist is bent.

candy04 07-23-2013 09:16 PM

turbocharger

Anyone who need the turbocharger, maybe i can help you.

smoke machine 07-23-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candy04 (Post 2123865)
Anyone who need the turbocharger, maybe i can help you.

Trolllll!!!

On topic. Need a blanket for a steed T6 comp straight flange and hx60

DEZLFREK 07-23-2013 11:17 PM

man get well soon Levi