Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Extreme Engine Tech (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Wet 6.7 12v block (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198906)

97rada 01-08-2018 10:17 PM

Wet 6.7 12v block
 
I am going to a 6.7 block with sleeves next season. Staying 12v. From what I have gathered a 12v head will leak coolant on a 6.7 deck on the exhaust side. Has anyone ran WET blocks like this. If so what did you do?

Highwayman 01-08-2018 10:55 PM

Would keeping the head wet and filling block not work for you? Or vice versa?

97rada 01-09-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman (Post 2651167)
Would keeping the head wet and filling block not work for you? Or vice versa?



Was told it's not that great of a solution when it comes do getting them sealed up. Still leaking ect. Also not that excited about hot lapping a filled block. At some of the gas stuff I wanna attend I could need to make passes every 25-45 min. I would be pretty salty if I stuck a piston or destroyed this block for that reason.

9724VF350 01-09-2018 08:01 AM

I put one together around 4 years ago. 12V head on a stock 6.7 block. Used 12V gasket. Other than when the junk chit Extreme Studs gave up, it hasn't leaked a drop.

97rada 01-09-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9724VF350 (Post 2651186)
I put one together around 4 years ago. 12V head on a stock 6.7 block. Used 12V gasket. Other than when the junk chit Extreme Studs gave up, it hasn't leaked a drop.



Did you do anything special with the block and coolant ports? I don't have them infront of me but was told it didn't line up

Mudn_1 01-09-2018 09:14 AM

I'm running a 6.7 head on an ISB Block... Pretty much the Same. Theres one port in the rear I opened up....

Persingerpulling 01-11-2018 04:06 AM

I used std mls 6.7 gasket with some passages cut out of gasket. I never had problems with it leaking. I’ll shoot you a text with pic of where gasket had to be trimmed.

97rada 01-11-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persingerpulling (Post 2651455)
I used std mls 6.7 gasket with some passages cut out of gasket. I never had problems with it leaking. Iíll shoot you a text with pic of where gasket had to be trimmed.



Did you send it currier or what lol? Yours is still wet?

hoh91 01-11-2018 09:35 PM

97rada who are you getting pistons from, im looking to build a 12v 6.7 filled block myself an was wondering who would be a good supplier to use

97rada 01-12-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoh91 (Post 2651616)
97rada who are you getting pistons from, im looking to build a 12v 6.7 filled block myself an was wondering who would be a good supplier to use



I am building a wet block engine. My Pistons will be coming from infinite performance but really depends on what you want. A lot of people can make them for you.

hoh91 01-12-2018 09:05 AM

could you pm around about what the pistons are going to cost you, are you going forged?

rucummins 01-12-2018 10:28 AM

I'm pretty sure 2 holes need to be opened up. I have pictures somewhere, I'll post them up if I can find them

jlbayes 01-12-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rucummins (Post 2651669)
I'm pretty sure 2 holes need to be opened up. I have pictures somewhere, I'll post them up if I can find them

This is what we have to do to the common rail heads when using them on a vp block.

rucummins 01-12-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlbayes (Post 2651708)
This is what we have to do to the common rail heads when using them on a vp block.

That is correct

YOUNG GUNS15 01-31-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rucummins (Post 2651669)
I'm pretty sure 2 holes need to be opened up. I have pictures somewhere, I'll post them up if I can find them



Bump for pics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rucummins 01-31-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUNG GUNS15 (Post 2654327)
Bump for pics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've checked my Cloud, Photobucket and my Google photos and I don't have the pictures anymore. I probably did this back in 2012 so that's probably why

Mudn_1 01-31-2018 10:46 AM

The Rear most Coolant Port on a CR Head is much smaller than the ISB Block, I only remember opening that one up to match the gasket.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2018, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com