your thoughts please....

Texashighways

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We are looking at releasing custom and oem replacement crankshafts for the 5.9l/6.7l (4.724"/4.880") as well as releasing a 5.00" stroker crank.

Anybody interested in the 5.00" stroke? I'm thinking the 5" stroke, 4.3" bore block with our new CR head would make quite a torque monster for you guys that tow a lot. Thoughts?

Also, we have almost completed our test pieces on our new blocks. They will have a deck thickness of 1.4", which is almost .600" thicker than OEM. The floor of the coolant jacket where the mains will tie in have .500" more material. There will be gussets from the head bolts bosses to the floor of the coolant jacket.
We are looking at an exoskeleton and possible a cross bolt main cap as well as gussets to the mains in the block.

My goal is to have them made in two bore sizes 4.250 and 4.300. The 4.3" would come with 62mm cam bore for our most aggressive cams.

Also our new head would be around 260CFM out of the box.

Thought on a 7.1L short block?

Here are a few pics of what we are working on and then some of the gussets we plan to incorporate into our block.
1484211048909_zps9zon5x9c.jpg

20170125_113939_zpsqdjojih3.jpg

20170125_114050_zpsyovtgg2v.jpg

20170112_134812_zps2vpixezk.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure marketing your "torque monster" to the individuals who tow a lot is going to get you very far. Unless of course you meant towing a sled.
However, this is exciting.

Cost would definitely be a determining factor, but I would be interested in a 7.1L street motor. When do you expect to make the blocks and heads available to the public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A major question for me would be is the stroker crank clearanced to get more stroke, cut and welded or cast with the longer stroke?

I think most of these options are ok for street trucks and maybe some drag trucks but I've seen a lot of stroker cranks crack the first year in sled pullers. Unless they were billet.

It would start as a forging which has a superior grain structure compared to a billet crank. Timeline is unknown for the 5" stroke, the rest, next 2 months....

It would start as a forging which has a superior grain structure compared to a billet crank. Timeline is unknown for the 5" stroke, the rest, next 2 months....

Probably cheaper on material too.

Is the gusseted block also a solid block? Any reason either that block or the wet block can't be sleeved and deck plated?

The stroker kit would definitely peak the interest of tractor pullers that have a limited rpm

Exactly!! With Wagler's release, the inline folks are going to have to figure out a way to get bigger cubes. The inline's downfall for building HP is that long stroke.

Make it as big as you can, Zach, and then some. Us dummies trying to race diesels will figure out how to apply the torque.

You are a blessing for the pulling world.

Back