Down pipe Question

dangerous06

diesel tech
Putting a truck together for my son. It's a 97 12v Putting a silver 64 on it and I need the part number or where to get the connector from the Marmon 3 1/2"
to the two bolt clamp style. Or should I use a early 04 elbow and what down pipe the early 04 down pipe is wrong/ Hope someone understands what I mean!

Just use a second Gen downpipe with the right size for your exhaust housing. Diamond eye / MBRP ect has them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it's a silver 64 why not just call INDUSTRIAL INJECTION and get their downpipe. Easy as a phone call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It should just be an HX40 style downpipe. Available at any diesel parts place that offers exhaust components. You can get a full 5" diamond eye exhaust off EBay for like $330 that comes with the downpipe and clamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HX40 or Marmon confusing but Ill call II Thanks for that tip! Thought it would be easy but got two pipes and both are wrong!

Is the compressor housing for a 3rd Gen? I assume you know the difference...

If It has a 3rd gen style cover stainless diesel makes a charge pipe for when installed in a second gen as long as your using a second gen manifold facing down(not flipped). I'm not sure about downpipe but they can make you one or supply adapters for what your trying to do. I'd call and explain what you have going on and I'm sure they could get you setup with what you need.

I have a stainless diesel charge pipe on my 12v with a 3rd Gen 63/68

HE351 flange. 4.21". You need a hx40 style downpipe with the 351 flange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back