Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stalnaker Racing Services (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=341)
-   -   Shocker PASS (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196192)

Bodacious 05-06-2017 06:24 AM

Shocker PASS

Hello all,

As some of you may remember, we dang near lost our son in a run away.

Ram50 - Page 33 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Post 660.

Since then, a fello member by the screen name of Nootch hooked me up with a company in Canada called Head Wind Solutions. Head Wind Solutions manufactures the "Shocker PASS". PASS standing for Positive Air Shut off System.

Check them out.

Headwind Solutions

I purchased one of their 4" valves and immediately went to modifying it for racing. It was a bit heavy, did not have V-band flanges, and was not full bore.

I later had a need for a second 'Shocker PASS' and decided to contact Headwind Solutions to see if they would be interested in cutting me a couple prototypes.

They did and I now have the sole marketing rights on the SRS version of the 'Shocker Pass'.

Coaltrain is in the process of installing one right now. We are having some issues. Keep watch on Johnnies build thread.

Rebirth of Monster Mudder - Page 63 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

khaoskustoms 05-06-2017 07:30 AM

We have quite a few companies that build positive air shutoff's up here for oilfield use. My personal favourites are made by Mighty Titan. They have sizes from 2" to 6" and are full flow through with a butterfly valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodacious 05-14-2017 10:35 PM

I didn't really have a need to look around any when I was buying.

Has anyone had any luck finding mild steel v-band flanges that will mate up to the aluminum vibrant v-bands??

Bodacious 05-28-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodacious (Post 2618016)
I didn't really have a need to look around any when I was buying.

Has anyone had any luck finding mild steel v-band flanges that will mate up to the aluminum vibrant v-bands??

We are now making a flange very similar to vibrants V-bands flanges. This flange is only offered in mild steel. This flange will mate to Vibrant's aluminum and stainless flanges. If I get enough interest, I'd like to get 100 spun out and sold to keep the cost down.

Thanks,

Arch Stalnaker

Bodacious 07-23-2017 11:33 PM

4" Competition Shocker Pass

Available as cable pull or 12 volt solenoid activated.

https://s19.postimg.org/ao63zvwbn/sp9.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/6t2pxbd5v/sp10.jpg

Bodacious 07-27-2017 06:32 PM

OK Folks, I know some of you have been waiting on pricing. I am doing my absolute best to keep things like this that are a safety must, as cheap as possible.

Again, you will not find a better positive safety shutoff valve designed for diesel motorsports!!

How does $892.00 on the 4" cable pull with free shipping sound?

jasonc 07-27-2017 07:21 PM

How high are they pressure tested to? Absolute leak proof.

Bodacious 07-27-2017 07:36 PM

Yes, absolute leak proof to 300psi.

jasonc 07-27-2017 07:40 PM

Pretty dam slick peice, the price is tough but would prefer this over my pre turbo air kill.

zstroken 07-27-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonc (Post 2629111)
Pretty dam slick peice, the price is tough but would prefer this over my pre turbo air kill.

I assume you would need the shut off and a blow off valve if that is the case.

jasonc 07-27-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zstroken (Post 2629113)
I assume you would need the shut off and a blow off valve if that is the case.

Didn't think if that.

Bodacious 07-28-2017 02:13 AM

If you plan on tripping the valve on every pass, I would recommend a BOV.

If you have it there for just when you need it, without a BOV, turbo damage is a guarantee.

Of course, any positive pressure shutoff valve will require the BOV.

Other non-safety related advantages exist that may convince you to run this type of valve. Packaging is a major advantage as these valves are much smaller in length than any competitor and will help to free up some underhood room. This shutoff valve is 100% leak proof to 300psi. This means your intake system is also 100% sealed. Nothing makes me cringe more than to go to a pull and see a multi-thousand dollar engine sucking in air with NO air cleaner.

Regardless, don't be a dumb redneck like myself and wait till it is to late to install an air kill. Whether it be mine or a competitors valve, these are a safety must in any type of diesel motorsport.

Bodacious 07-28-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodacious (Post 2629105)
OK Folks, I know some of you have been waiting on pricing. I am doing my absolute best to keep things like this that are a safety must, as cheap as possible.

Again, you will not find a better positive safety shutoff valve designed for diesel motorsports!!

How does $892.00 on the 4" cable pull with free shipping sound?

We also have the valves available in 3.5" full bore. The pricing is the same as the 4" valve $892.00 plus shipping for the cable pull.

For those interested in tripping the valve electronically or possibly even servo driving the valve for an awesome progressive/compound set up, please see the Headwind Solutions website. 12 and 24 volt solenoids are available.

Bodacious 07-28-2017 02:34 AM

I'm such an idiot sometimes, my phone number is 304-406-4583. My wife and I are working on my website right now so if you want to order a valve, just give me a call or text.

I'm moving up in the world and my wife is getting very scared... I now have a credit card machine!!!!:hehe:

Bodacious 08-05-2017 09:33 PM

Bumping for a 'today's post spot'

I need to get some of these moving. What am I doing wrong CompD?

I have an unbeatable product at a very fair price?

Bodacious 08-07-2017 05:22 AM

I will offer a 10% discount for the first ten sold.

Again, the best I can do right now is take your CC info over the phone. Please give me a call/text at 304-406-4583.

Thanks for the opportunity CompD!!!

Ram12vcummins 08-07-2017 08:37 AM

Maybe you need to be a supporting vendor to sell products this way? Never looked if you were.

RacinDuallie 08-07-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram12vcummins (Post 2630211)
Maybe you need to be a supporting vendor to sell products this way? Never looked if you were.

His name is in Blue, and this IS his Supporting Vendor Forum Area??

Ram12vcummins 08-07-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacinDuallie (Post 2630213)
His name is in Blue, and this IS his Supporting Vendor Forum Area??

I can't see colours on Tapatalk. My bad on the section we're in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bodacious 08-27-2017 12:56 PM

Sunday bump.