Engine Rebuild part number help

jmiltier

Ok fellas

Rebuilding a 2015 6.7 and called my cummins dist with my esn 58454975, well putting it together tonight and noticed my pistons I got look like qsb pistons and do not match the factory bowl and has a part number 4376354, which I can't find on Google what it really fits but like I said looks like a qsb. Also upper gasket kit is 4955229 which don't have **** of gaskets in it and lower is 4955522 and same deal there, random gaskets that don't fit or can be used. So my question is does anyone have access to cummins esn look up to plug the esn in and see if they really show these number or if my parts guy gets a ass chewing considering I Saturday delivered these parts to get this fleet truck done on the long weekend.....thanks

Register for a QuickServe account. It's free and is very helpful!

Using the ESN you supplied, I find that the P/N for the pistons is 5274020. QSB engines are showing up on the list as using the same. I'm not seeing anything mentioned about upper or lower engine gasket sets utilizing the specific ESN. However, searching P/N supersessions with the numbers given for the upper and lower gasket sets, I do see that they both cover the ISB6.7 engine and mfg. year of 2010-2013. Not sure how much of a variance there might be for the 2014 and up engines.

What gaskets aren't fitting that you need? Sometimes, engines within an engine family will be used for different applications and therefore, have components that your engine doesn't have given its application. Hence, you'll get miscellaneous gaskets/seals that yours won't need.

Last edited:
That's a question of which I don't know the answer. I'm not very well informed with the common rail engines.

Front crank seal is P/N 4931561. I'm not seeing the front cover gasket on QuickServe. Surely there is one.

Sounds like you oughta go back to Cummins with these hard parts and gaskets and let them know some are missing and are incorrect in comparison.

Last edited:
Most likely that is gasket set for rear drive engine. Huge front seal and has no front timing case. Cp3 is mounted on rear drive case.

So upper gasket kit prob has qsb head gasket also, it also didnt include exhaust manifold gaskets and just small stuff like that in the upper kit either

Back