Allison

NoMercyZ06

What kinds of mods are needed for a 6 speed Allison to handle 500hp / 1100 ft lbs? Who's a good source for TC's and VB's ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

No billet shafts. 500rwhp needs a full build, clutches, triple disk t/c, and valve body-pump pressure-t/c mods.

Are you building yourself?

What these guys said^

But I'd only run Suncoast or Goerend converters. For a reliable setup I'd run 6 clutches in the c3 / c4 packs, 7 in the c2 and you'll only need the standard single sided carbons for the c1. Don't need to get a complete vb, just get a Transgo jr and ratiotek springs.

It depends on what year model Allison you're talking about. If you have a 11'+ it can handle 500hp stock. If you're talking about an 05-10 then you will need extensive mods as stated. MikeL at Duramaxdiesels would be your #1 source for advice on mods and builds.

It depends on what year model Allison you're talking about. If you have a 11'+ it can handle 500hp stock. If you're talking about an 05-10 then you will need extensive mods as stated. MikeL at Duramaxdiesels would be your #1 source for advice on mods and builds.

No, a stock LML Allison will not hold 500rwhp for long if driven spirited... They will hold as much as the lmm with a transgo, the LML can be adjusted electronically, +100-ish hp depending on your right foot. Eventually the stock single disk converter will slip or the clutches will start going away.

Not correct. Plenty of LML's out there with 200+hp tunes such as GDP and PPEI on stock Allison living just fine. Have been for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Not correct. Plenty of LML's out there with 200+hp tunes such as GDP and PPEI on stock Allison living just fine. Have been for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well then head on over to DD and tell Mike or Evan that and see what they say...

I also mentioned that if you don't beat on it to hard it will live for awhile, but your not going to get full life out of one at 500 rwhp and a heavy right foot.

Mike's an ass-whip to deal with but his trans is no joke. You might be able to get away with a transgo junior and an upgraded converter in the 6 speed as long as you don't drive like a jack wagon

Back