Hurst Quarter Stick shifter cable for 47RE

Got Smoke?

Ok I have a Hurst quarter stick pistol grip style shifter. It has the clip retention on both transmission and shifter ends. I've purchased a pan-less cable mount from Logan Yelton, but need a threaded cable mount at the transmission end. I cannot find one that has the clip retainer on the shifter, but threaded mount on the transmission end. Has anyone adapted another cable to work in a similar situation?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're looking for a cable that has a slide-in retention feature at the shifter, and a standard double nut adjuster at the transmission?

1) I'd recommend a nut style at the shifter. It takes up a ton of slop.
2) If Hurst doesn't have the cable you need, hit up Hi-Lex. Shoot them an email and they'll have/make whatever you need.

I run the same shifter. I had to order the bracket that bolts to the pan bolts, and the arm the cable attaches to that replaced the stock one. It was plug an play after that.

It's been yrs ago, but I'm pretty sure I called summit's tech line and they looked up what I was missing and had in stock.

Lucked out an the Nashville O'Reilly's warehouse had two of these cables in stock and my buddy that works there said I could bring it back if it didn't work. I believe I can just drill a 1/4" hole off to the side of the large hole for the clip retainer and bolt this cable in make it work with Logan's cable mount.

Hurst Shifter Cables 5008555 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Pic 1 Quart Stick shifter
Pic 2 clip style cable retainer
Pic 3 Logan Yelton cable mount

Attachments

• Quarter Stick.jpg
    Quarter Stick.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Cable clip retainer.jpg
    Cable clip retainer.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Logan Yelton Cable Mount.jpg
    Logan Yelton Cable Mount.jpg