Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   F1 Diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   The new "Mach AF" (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105860)

Soup Nazi 02-12-2011 01:16 PM

The new "Mach AF"

We currently only have the 1.6 through 2 sizes for release

A quick rundown on what they are:

1. An updated nozzle design. Stronger, tougher, faster, VERY accurate.

2. They use our "AF" process. Labor intensive = YUK. "AF" is the acronym for accuflow. I dont want to get into the whole ball of wax, but we flow and balance each spray hole independently. If you can find a company that even balances the flow, they certainly wont balance each hole to one another like these. And I use the term "balanced flow" very loosely. Much like a "round" circle means everything from a tree trunk to a precision machined part held to micron tolerances.

3. A thicker nozzle tip. Added steel adds strength in the tip. Reduces chances of cracking. No other sac nozzle has the tip thickness of the Mach AF

4. Dot Matrix bar coded for quick warranty and tracking for us. Every nozzle can be tracked back to stored data at our shop.

5. All nozzles are stamped before heat treating and final grinding to read the letters "24VP" on the stem. This allows anyone to visually identify our injectors without having to send them in to us or disassemble. This was added to stop the counterfeit people trying to sell others.

6. The spray holes are still formed in a staggered manner like most of our older ones, but now all "AF" nozzles will be staggered.

7. A new grinding process is being used on the pintle bores. The roundness is unmatched and done on the best Swiss equipment we could source. After seeing so many failures due to less-than-round bores this was a must.

8. Pintle surface finish exceeds all brands. Matched to the ultra round pintle bores described above. This is a huge thing. Leakage between the pintle and its bore has one of the highest failure rates. This goes a long way to address this.

9. Date Coded. embedded in the Dot Matrix and also laser etched on the head of the nozzle. This allows any shop that may pop test or reset opening pressure with the Mach AF to get a date of manufacture with a glance after disassembly.

10. A faster pintle speed and increased lifting power. This new pintle design allows the opening or pop pressure to be increased without losing any horsepower. Higher opening pressure gives us more smoke control, but will not retard timing like an average injector would.

11. A slight radius on fuel inlet passages. Disrupting the flow of fuel between the nozzle and pressure plate has always been an issue. Not anymore. :woohoo: None other has this.

12. Not completely made in the USA, but most grinding and final balance is done here. Not Asian, but European. The steel is a super clean ( low impurity ) alloy from the USA.

You should hear these things running on the test bench! It is music at 290 bar and up. Precision really matters.

Photos may follow. We are cleaning the shop up and organizing today. I hope to have some spare time for photos later. We are literally tripping over boxes from one end of the shop to the other. It is a mess! We lost some space after we installed the lift and additional equipment last year and I really need more area:(

lnimmo77 02-12-2011 01:25 PM

Sounds impressive! I'm sure it is a great design. Good luck with the new product. I'm glad you posted here so someone who makes valves go up and down can't come on here and bash. Great work!

Jn_34871 05-24-2011 11:57 PM

Don, I am interested in the 1.6's, when I send a core set to Browns Diesel Performance, will they know about this "AF" designation? I want your latest MACH AF 1.6 injector.
thanks, Jack (2001 Dodge 5.9L)

Signature600 05-25-2011 10:29 AM

And to think I still have a set of new Mach 4's sitting in a box under my desk....should have just waited for these to come out:D

Sounds cool Don, will wait to hear more results!
Chris

lowdiesel 05-25-2011 10:50 AM

Looking for flux 4's or 5's what's the availability and time frame for these and or the new style in said size?

Signature600 05-25-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdiesel (Post 1464601)
Looking for flux 4's or 5's what's the availability and time frame for these and or the new style in said size?

These are VP injectors that replace the old Mach series....not CR replacing the Flux

Chris

lowdiesel 05-25-2011 11:03 AM

Thanks Chris!

Smokin' LB7 05-25-2011 11:04 AM

Can you do P-Pump 24V injectors?

joefarmer 05-25-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin' LB7 (Post 1464613)
Can you do P-Pump 24V injectors?

Yep. Best bet is to contact one of the resellers. What part of the country do you live in?

Smokin' LB7 06-08-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 1465169)
Yep. Best bet is to contact one of the resellers. What part of the country do you live in?

Im in Colorado. What size would you recommend for just getting better mileage, driveability, ect. Im not going extreme at all. It just has a an aurora 3000 on it.

What is the difference in pressure that you guys set them to between VP and P-Pump?

joefarmer 06-08-2011 11:52 PM

I would suggest calling Tim Barber @ TRE Performance. He's in VA, but always helped me out.

Smokin' LB7 06-09-2011 09:05 AM

Awesome, thanks buddy

joefarmer 06-09-2011 11:55 PM

No problem. Rip @ SourceAutomotive.biz is also a pleasure to deal with.

paulb 06-10-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefarmer (Post 1477183)
No problem. Rip @ SourceAutomotive.biz is also a pleasure to deal with.

Everyone that I've delt with on Don's vendor list has been good to deal with, but Rip IS my favorite.

Paul

bsmith 06-10-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb (Post 1477417)
Everyone that I've delt with on Don's vendor list has been good to deal with, but Rip IS my favorite.

Paul

Rip is a good guy. They called to make sure the parts get here and were ok. Not many do that.

Big Swole 06-22-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb (Post 1477417)

Paul

Ditto!

Source Auto has always been awesome!

straight 6 roar 08-25-2011 01:53 AM

How many holes do these injectors have?

RonA 11-03-2011 11:20 AM

So, any news or feedback on these? When I turn mine back down i want to go back to a set of M4's or maybe a bit smaller.

9724VF350 11-03-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonA (Post 1606110)
So, any news or feedback on these? When I turn mine back down i want to go back to a set of M4's or maybe a bit smaller.

Same here. Except for the turn back down part. Thinking 3's or 4's. Have DDP 150's now, would prefer similar rwhp, but way cleaner.

RonA 11-03-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9724VF350 (Post 1606123)
Same here. Except for the turn back down part. Thinking 3's or 4's. Have DDP 150's now, would prefer similar rwhp, but way cleaner.

Several years ago I switched from DDP150's to M4's. Night and day difference. More power(about 40hp more on the dyno) and alot less smoke and heat. Very good injectors.