Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Forum Platform (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185143)

Rustin 08-24-2015 03:18 PM

Forum Platform

I found a forum platform that you can look at or decline. If you believe the forum is not broke, don't fix it. I don't think it is broke, it just needs an update.

Two links. the first one is a new platform that is responsive in design for viewing on multiple device platforms, and people will have a thumbs up button for posts and threads. The other is a cheap style skin for the platform.

Forum platform: xenforo.com

audentio.com: themes

This will eliminate people asking for a mobile version, and having to search for the mobile button. Unfortunately it will eliminate TappaTalk, but the benefits of eliminating TT will free up user phone space. It will benefit the forum by taking out a middleman.

oldestof11 08-24-2015 04:28 PM

Their community forum was dang fast on my iPhone. I was surprised.

97$moker 08-24-2015 08:34 PM

I think this forum is perfectly fine how it if this is the one your talking about. As long as it never changes to the way yellowbullet and some others are, im good. I cant fukking stand that layout.

Rustin 08-24-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97$moker (Post 2479696)
I think this forum is perfectly fine how it if this is the one your talking about. As long as it never changes to the way yellowbullet and some others are, im good. I cant fukking stand that layout.

Unfortunately, change will have to come at some point. How, and when that change comes could be a good experience or a horrible experience. It is all in what direction we need to be going. Do we need more members or more venders? Or do we need better User Experience? Technology is evolving very fast, not to adapt with it, is... ?

Rustin 08-24-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldestof11 (Post 2479617)
Their community forum was dang fast on my iPhone. I was surprised.

I noticed that too, I even tried it with a few android devices. Very impressive. It has answered all my questions, except for the need for clean code. I like the social "thumbs up button."

97$moker 08-24-2015 10:27 PM

Ya I understand having to change with technology, I just dont want to go from something perfectly fine, to some azz layouts like some out there. Drives me fukking crazy how chitty some of them are on a phone.

Rustin 08-24-2015 10:32 PM

I was on a forum called MacRumors. Here is my profile Rustin. Anyway their layout is a bit weak or adolescent. But over all user experience is quite good!