Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Smokin Monster Truck (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Advice on Best Aftermarket Exhaust? (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85472)

shauler 05-06-2010 05:43 PM

Advice on Best Aftermarket Exhaust?

Want to know which exhaust is best for the $ for my 02 Dodge, going to put it back in the Stock position, But want a Performance Exhaust, plus sounds good. Appreciate any advice??

Big Swole 05-06-2010 05:48 PM

I like Silverline Stuff!

Just not sure if there still in business...Heard rumor that them may get out soon. But you know how rumors go..

I like my Silverline!!

shauler 05-06-2010 06:51 PM

thanks for the input, there are still on the web, will check them out..

Diesel Monster 05-06-2010 08:20 PM

I realy like the Hushpower on my dually.I have no ties to them anymore so that is not why Im saying this----I truly do like them.

Scooter's Roofing 05-06-2010 08:48 PM

no performance difference between the cheapest system and the most expensive system...

why is this in the Smokin Monster Truck forum? :confused:

NADM Marketing 05-08-2010 09:17 AM

Cause Dave knows trucks! and he represented Hushpower for 2 years!

Hushpower cuts the drone out of the cab but is still throaty, Borla does the same but a lot more expensive and showy (polished stainless)!

NADM Marketing 05-08-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NADM Marketing (Post 1099727)
Cause Dave knows trucks! and he represented Hushpower for 2 years!

Hushpower cuts the drone out of the cab but is still throaty, Borla does the same but a lot more expensive and showy (polished stainless)!

Im sorry I meant Corsa not Borla! What was I thinking!

Scooter's Roofing 05-08-2010 09:45 AM

hmm... think Dave is going to recomend any other exhaust besides Hushpower? LOL

I'm looking for advice on Best Aftermarket Fuel System... what do you guys recomend?

Scooter's Roofing 05-08-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NADM Marketing (Post 1099742)
Im sorry I meant Corsa not Borla! What was I thinking!

well, Borla does the same as Hushpower... it's a packed muffler...

Corsa is different... it has three seperate helmholtz resonators that are tuned to remove the strongest "resonant" frequencies that are responsible for the in-cab "drone" without altering the overall sound of the exhaust

a packed muffler attacks high frequencies and the size of the case acts as a helmholtz resonator as well

triton 05-08-2010 10:14 AM

Hushpower isn't a "packed" muffler. It's a straight through design with baffles inside. Hushpowers way of reducing drone is to have a 5" muffler with 4" reducers. Dyno runs were made with their muffler that showed slight hp increases with less drone using this method.

IMO, Borla is second to none.... for a gasser. Diesel I doubt they have a grip on yet.

scott2001 05-08-2010 11:06 AM

you could go with a 4in turbo kit i brought mine from rpm outlet.com

Scooter's Roofing 05-08-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triton (Post 1099781)
Hushpower isn't a "packed" muffler. It's a straight through design with baffles inside. Hushpowers way of reducing drone is to have a 5" muffler with 4" reducers. Dyno runs were made with their muffler that showed slight hp increases with less drone using this method.

IMO, Borla is second to none.... for a gasser. Diesel I doubt they have a grip on yet.

Hushpower is a packed muffler...

Hushpower

you would probably see "slight hp increases" if you just put a length of 5" pipe in a 4" system

Borla is just an expensive, high quality, packed muffler... There's nothing to "grip" when it comes to diesel exhaust vs. gasser exhaust :confused:

bbbxcursion 05-08-2010 12:41 PM

The Hushpower is nice but the FTE resonator is where it's at. It's cheap and VERY effective.

Hushpowerman 05-09-2010 06:56 PM

In independent testing by Ken Duttweiler at Duttweiler Performance on their engine - Hushpower performed equal to open exhaust - no a competitive muffler but no muffler. I work for Hushpower (just to set the record straight) - Kenny is in Saticoy, CA and did the test without payment - call and ask. These mufflers really work. He is just one of many experiencing the performance and mileage gain we advertise.

triton 05-09-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing (Post 1099863)
Hushpower is a packed muffler...

Hushpower

you would probably see "slight hp increases" if you just put a length of 5" pipe in a 4" system

Borla is just an expensive, high quality, packed muffler... There's nothing to "grip" when it comes to diesel exhaust vs. gasser exhaust :confused:

I had one of their mufflers for testing and I can tell you now, there was no packing in it. I had pictures I posted but, must have deleted them. Maybe a certain series did.... maybe hushpowerman can shed some light. All mine had were cone shape perforated metal baffles. I installed it on my wifes truck and on the way home one night a strap broke. With nothing to strap it back up with I just drug it the rest of the way home. Needless to say, it had a nice size hole in it. No packing in site ???

Danville performance in Indy did dyno comparisons on their dyno that showed what I mentioned. The drone was the reason for the 5 to 4, more than hp was.

Scooter's Roofing 05-09-2010 07:20 PM

odd, they've always advertised packing, and their website shows it as well :confused:

bbbxcursion 05-09-2010 08:22 PM

The Hushpower on my truck is much louder than when it was first installed, I only have maybe 5k on it. As for packing, I swore I saw some when it was installed. It's heavy too, there's gotta be something in there.

TMONEYDIESEL 05-09-2010 08:52 PM

It is not "packed" like a glass pack, but use a ceramic woven fiber blanket around the core for heat shielding purposes, I still consider that packed with something since your putting a type of fiber blanket inside the muffler, but I doubt it will blow out how it is made.

Scooter's Roofing 05-09-2010 09:29 PM

yeah... Borlas are packed with stainless and ceramic... doesn't matter if it's fiberglass or stainless wool, it's going to effect the sound similarly

Diesel Monster 05-10-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing (Post 1099745)
hmm... think Dave is going to recomend any other exhaust besides Hushpower? LOL

I'm looking for advice on Best Aftermarket Fuel System... what do you guys recomend?

Hmmmm Dave would recomend something else at this point as I stated before I have no ties---or I would have just kept my mouth shut if I was not willing to speak how I felt.I could have any exaust on my truck but choose to run Hushpowers.