Competition Diesel.Com -  Bringing The BEST Together

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engineered Diesel (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   Getting ahold of Chris at E.D. (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173933)

97rada 09-02-2014 09:48 AM

Getting ahold of Chris at E.D.

Chris has had my compressor cover for the better part of 2 months. I can no longer make contact with him. It's been About a month since he will answer a call or return a text. I understand he is busy with the season coming to an end but I need my truck. Does anyone know a better way to get ahold of him? It's a s362 vband modification.
Any help will be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodacious 09-02-2014 09:59 AM

No help for ya here.

Just thought I'd add to the discussion. I called him for a waste gate and he directed me to summit. After speaking with him a few minutes I realized he was quite knowledgeable and he talked me into one of his turbos. This was when the 480took it's second dump so I wanted something to happen pretty quick. He said he would look at my combo on here and call me the next day. After I did'nt here from him, I tried calling once with a message and I haven't heard a word. This was approx a month ago?

Randall12v 09-02-2014 10:06 AM

Did you try Glenn

97rada 09-02-2014 10:08 AM

I got ahold of him. All is good now. I think he is a one man show so I can't imagine he has much time to chat

murphy41 09-02-2014 12:42 PM

Must be crazy busy. I can't even get him to respond to us anymore. Been about a month since I last heard from him. He's had one of our HX82s for about a year. And can't even get a total from him so we can pay him. We've got a few trucks that need put back together and would be nice to have chargers for them. But all we can do is wait our turn and hope its soon. Glad you could get your parts though, means they are making progress.

ctdiesel99 09-02-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall12v (Post 2352487)
Did you try Glenn

From my understanding, Chris is doing his own thing solo now and is no longer apart of Engineered Diesel. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

murphy41 09-02-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctdiesel99 (Post 2352540)
From my understanding, Chris is doing his own thing solo now and is no longer apart of Engineered Diesel. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Im not sure on that part. I wasn't under that impression. I just know him being the main machinist he is hard to get ahold of regardless, so I usually just sit back and wait for a response. He has always gotten ahold of us eventually, we've just always understood that custom stuff takes time.

ctdiesel99 09-02-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy41 (Post 2352551)
Im not sure on that part. I wasn't under that impression. I just know him being the main machinist he is hard to get ahold of regardless, so I usually just sit back and wait for a response. He has always gotten ahold of us eventually, we've just always understood that custom stuff takes time.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...9&postcount=20

syrupdawg 09-02-2014 02:05 PM

I would like to know about this also because I have been waiting about 3 weeks for chris to get me a customers turbo and flanges.

Macktruckdriver 09-02-2014 02:07 PM

Yes chris has gone on to his own thing now. I believe it's now engineered turbo or something from what I've heard.

murphy41 09-02-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrupdawg (Post 2352564)
I would like to know about this also because I have been waiting about 3 weeks for chris to get me a customers turbo and flanges.

Be persistent on getting in touch. Sometimes I have to send a message or call a few times before it even goes through. And he usually responds.

kleann 09-02-2014 03:29 PM

When did this split happen? Are they both making turbos now or just Chris?

carfichris 09-02-2014 03:50 PM

We split up the custom/wholesale/manufacturing from the repair/service, store front and online store. The goal was to get us each better focused on the sides of the business we do best. The end result will be a wider range of better parts and better service. We appreciate your patience through the transition. As it was stated earlier, call or text 616-608-2977 or email chris@engineereddiesel.com and I will do what I can to get back with you promptly.

As for the turbochargers and other parts, I'm building them and they will be available through the walk in or online store.

Chris

2Tone12V 09-02-2014 04:25 PM

So bam!

97rada 09-02-2014 06:19 PM

I got mine resolved today. I am very glad to. I understand be is busy but I know he does good work

ikeG 09-02-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctdiesel99 (Post 2352540)

This is what I was told after being referred to him. Glenn seems to have me covered at the moment. We'll wait and see.

Edit: Didn't read entire thread before posting