48re no overdrive....

kole32

Buddy has an 05 with no overdrive, randomly went out one night.... found a torn lip seal on the overdrive piston, replaced it, still no overdrive.... replaced the overdrive/tcc soelinoid. Still no overdrive... swapped with a good known valvebody. Still no overdrive... the ecm is commanding overdrive. The overdrive housing was cracked back by the tcase a year ago and he bought a used 47re overdrive housing and park rod... don’t believe that would cause an issue. Also put air pressure to the overdrive port when valvebody was out and it pushed the overdrive piston out like it should. Made sure to put the overdrive spacer in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m kind of wondering if the od/tcc soelinoid is bad... the new one was put on the good known valvebody when it was installed... I’ve seen new parts not work before

Buddy has an 05 with no overdrive, randomly went out one night.... found a torn lip seal on the overdrive piston, replaced it, still no overdrive.... replaced the overdrive/tcc soelinoid. Still no overdrive... swapped with a good known valvebody. Still no overdrive... the ecm is commanding overdrive. The overdrive housing was cracked back by the tcase a year ago and he bought a used 47re overdrive housing and park rod... don’t believe that would cause an issue. Also put air pressure to the overdrive port when valvebody was out and it pushed the overdrive piston out like it should. Made sure to put the overdrive spacer in as well.

Had an rh with clutches actually worn to point where o/d piston was moving past sealing surface and tearing the seal?

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

Had an rh with clutches actually worn to point where o/d piston was moving past sealing surface and tearing the seal?

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

I replaced all the clutches in the overdrive section and double checked all the clearances. Considering pulling it back out and checking it again just to be sure. I am gonna pull that soelinoid off and test it first.

Just put the pressure gauge on it. Saw no psi when it was commanded to shift to overdrive. Plan on pulling the soelinoid out and testing it

Going to hook a scan tool up to it Tuesday. And command overdrive and listen for the soelinoid to click. If it doesn’t click going to change the soelinoid.

Put the scan tool on, commanded overdrive with the truck off, the soelinoid hums and doesn’t click... possible it’s a low voltage issue ?

Are you not going to try changing the solenoid out for a new one?

Also, take a look at the other 48re thread in this section. Sounds like he’s having different issues but good tips are given to check the external trans wiring harness. Common issues among these trucks.

Are you not going to try changing the solenoid out for a new one?

Also, take a look at the other 48re thread in this section. Sounds like he’s having different issues but good tips are given to check the external trans wiring harness. Common issues among these trucks.

Got a soelinoid on the way, should be here Tuesday. Gonna change that. And I did read into that one a little, ill go back through and read into it some more thanks !

Check the harness by the adapter plate bet you it’s broken. I’d say 90% of the time I find the issue there. Crappy spot, horrible loom equals a disaster

Check the harness by the adapter plate bet you it’s broken. I’d say 90% of the time I find the issue there. Crappy spot, horrible loom equals a disaster

Changed the solenoid, still no overdrive, pulled the harness off the truck, haven’t seen anything yet, really starting to think a crack in the case not allowing it to build adequate pressure

Back