10 second 1st gen

c12h26

You guys think it's possible to run in the 10's with a 1st gen, ve pump, non intercooled, and non lockup trans?

Sounds like a pipe dream to me, but I’d love to see you get it done!
I wouldn’t try it with a torqueflite though.

You guys think it's possible to run in the 10's with a 1st gen, ve pump, non intercooled, and non lockup trans?

I would at least put a 47re in it, you could do it fairly cheap. Just full manual VB, billet input, and a decent converter. You would probably get another second just out of the difference in transmissions.

I would at least put a 47re in it, you could do it fairly cheap. Just full manual VB, billet input, and a decent converter. You would probably get another second just out of the difference in transmissions.

I think with a 518 and good converter the slip would be 10% or less

Typical internet agenda.

"Hey guys can you reinforce my pipe dream I want to come true! Not looking for constructive input from people that have already done it or anything!"

600hp with a lockup transmission maybe. If everything goes very well. First you have to get 600hp out of your non intercooled 1st gen without throwing reliability completely out of the window.

Typical internet agenda.

"Hey guys can you reinforce my pipe dream I want to come true! Not looking for constructive input from people that have already done it or anything!"

600hp with a lockup transmission maybe. If everything goes very well. First you have to get 600hp out of your non intercooled 1st gen without throwing reliability completely out of the window.

600hp should be no problem, already made close to 450hp with an all but stock truck and some nitrous

Been a lot of time and money spent trying to make big power with a VE pump. Some made it, some didn't. Into the 10's with a VE will take not just X hp, it will take a near perfect chassis set up. You won't be able to throw 1k + hp at it and hit 10's with sheer brute force.

Been a lot of time and money spent trying to make big power with a VE pump. Some made it, some didn't. Into the 10's with a VE will take not just X hp, it will take a near perfect chassis set up. You won't be able to throw 1k + hp at it and hit 10's with sheer brute force.

I don't need big power i only need a round 600hp and from what I've done in the past 600 should be no problem. I believe 10's are possible with a completely stock chassis. I have already ran low 12's with nothing done to suspension just a good tire.

I'm almost starting to think you're trolling.
There is not a scintilla of doubt in my mind that he is trolling.

I like the VE as much as any guy, it's dead reliable, you can do whatever you want with it to ~400hp, but you can't change the laws of physics.
It's one piston (plunger/rotor, whatever) doing 6 times the work of an inline pump, with passages and components only designed to realistically support ~300hp on a 6 cylinder application, at best (stock).

The critical problem is feeding 1 piston (plunger/rotor, whatever) enough fuel to support the horsepower at a given RPM, while keeping the thing cool and lubricated while doing it.
Increasing rotor size only exacerbates the problem.

Those few who have done 500+ have had pretty ingenious and expensive ways of doing it, 1 of which was force feeding it with what was basically a hydraulic pump.

There are greater, more capable minds than mine, or yours, playing with this, and they have yet to come up with a viable solution to make 1 rotor (piston/plunger, whatever) do the same amount of work as 6.

Mark

Back