47RH floor shifter

willyC93

Long time lurker, first time poster
I have a 2000 Ford Super Duty dually 4X4 with a 5'9 Cummins. I am going from a ZF 6 to a 47RH and need a gated floor shifter. I have a Goerend 2.5 qt pan on the 47RH which will make cable operation a little challenging. I like the Art Carr, Winters, Cheetah, but have read that there is a problem getting around the transfer case. Lokar looks nice, but the button, American Shifter and Genie??? Anyone use any of these? I have been working on this truck tooo long and am looking for easy!
willyC93

I tried to edit and change 5'9 to 5.9 twice, so I now have a 5 foot 9 inch Cummins, but I still need a floor shifter.
willyC93

I love my Cheetah with a manual vb 47rh. But it's in a 2wd so don't know about the interference with the transfer case.

I used an art carr winters shifter for a torqueflight 727. I ditched their linkage and made a bracket that bolts to the trans pan and direct shifts the shift lever with the cable. works great. I originally used it in my 4x4 truck, but now I have it in my 2wd and it works the same in both.

Thanks for all the input. I ordered an Art Carr Winters today. The bad news is they are 3 to 4 weeks out. willyC93

Back