Axle Carnage. Please HELP! Truck Down

my head never got right, and I never got a hold of my buddy... I'll try him tomorrow. I went ahead and started getting right about 45min ago! LOL

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I try Jeff!
Chris

A right fine job you've done sir!!
We've gone from a help Jory feel better thread ,to an insure Jory's inadequacy thread. :hehe: I guess thats what happens when derailers like the Possum's Pecker himself steps up. LOL

I like to spank my monkey anyway.... I welcome derails in my threads.

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and type a little post up and let you guys know how it goes. I think it will be great...hope for the best and settle for medeocrity. That's my motto. :D

IMG_0782800x600.jpg

IMG_0783800x600.jpg

Raccoon turds are much larger and bigger around. It is hard enough washing them out of the cage. :D

The "Axle Surgeon" showed up last night. Impressive as heck.

Cut it off.

IMG_0785800x600.jpg

Bolt up the machine.

IMG_0786800x600.jpg

Measure 14 times to get it right the first time.

IMG_0787800x600.jpg

Bored and faced for weld.

IMG_0788800x600.jpg

New spindle with oil seal ring and sleeve.

IMG_0789800x600.jpg

Prepare for weld.

IMG_0790800x600.jpg

Done. 2.5 hours. Cost me $825 but considering all the shipping and labor I would have spent on a new housing or used rear-end, not bad.

IMG_0791800x600.jpg

How much if you would have sent them the axle? Also do they modify the stock spindle before they get there?

How much if you would have sent them the axle? Also do they modify the stock spindle before they get there?

They are mobile. I would imagine it would be the same price no matter what. I'm certain they'd rather have it on the truck since something has to hold it for that big arse machine. They bring new spindles with them. You just tell them what bearings numbers you have and they usually know from that what spindle you need. They fix trailers, big trucks, you name it. King pin replacement also.

They modify the spindle on site to match your truck. First they heat and slide the oil seal collar on it and let it cool where it needs to be. Then they heat and slide the sleeve on the back. The sleeve thickness depends on what the machining process turn out. If they need to bore a little more, they just grab a thicker sleeve. I would be tempted to bet the fix is stronger than stock. Weld are with 9018 rod. Hard crap.

They are mobile. I would imagine it would be the same price no matter what. I'm certain they'd rather have it on the truck since something has to hold it for that big arse machine. They bring new spindles with them. You just tell them what bearings numbers you have and they usually know from that what spindle you need. They fix trailers, big trucks, you name it. King pin replacement also.

They modify the spindle on site to match your truck. First they heat and slide the oil seal collar on it and let it cool where it needs to be. Then they heat and slide the sleeve on the back. The sleeve thickness depends on what the machining process turn out. If they need to bore a little more, they just grab a thicker sleeve. I would be tempted to bet the fix is stronger than stock. Weld are with 9018 rod. Hard crap.

That looks exactly like what they did to mine.. cept they cut mine off alot closer to the plate. Might just be the difference between the DRW and SRW also. I would gamble to say its probably stronger than stock too.

How in the world did you see me? I took the backroads!!! LOL

I didn't see it. I got an email about some cowpoke whipping on cow with a beaver on his lip, and a pink harness. :hehe:
I just made a few assumptions with the information provided. :hehe:

Did you see my new pet Easter bunny? I'm done with beavers, they cost too much. :hehe:

IMG_07951024x768.jpg

Can you tell me if it is a boy or a girl. We need to name it.

IMG_07971024x768.jpg

Yes. It's very cute.
I sent you a highly informative email to help you sex your bunny. Read up and let us know.:hehe: