Drag comp vs. Adrenaline vs. Redline box...same dyno, same truck, same day!

You gonna adjust it any or run just the straight tune off the site?

I'm planning on turning the tune up to max fuel stretch & letting it rip. I'm also turning the Drag comp on 5x4 instead of 5x5 because I've heard that the drag makes better numbers on 5x4.

Check this out!

This sheet was posted on another site. Guess it don't matter which tune I choose.:hehe:

blue - Adr2_torq (base tune)
green- Adr_comp
red- Adr2_3000 with the pump stretch at 1850
View attachment 20326

Last edited:
I dynoed 7 hp less on 5x4 vs 5x5, either way cant wait for the results.:woohoo:

5x5 is where I've always seen the best results and it seems to allow the drag to fuel all the way to 3500 better. At least in my experience with a drag comp.

i think it depends on the pump with the edge ive seen guys make more power on 3x5 then 5x5 just depends on the setup.

I'm planning on turning the tune up to max fuel stretch & letting it rip. I'm also turning the Drag comp on 5x4 instead of 5x5 because I've heard that the drag makes better numbers on 5x4.

If you turn the tune up to max fuel stretch, then it is no longer that "tune." The only thing different about the tunes is the stuff you can change with the pulse, according to Jeremy.

I think quad stated above 1800 on fuel stretch you can lose power up top. Not sure if that's on a stockish truck or what. I'm sure that depends on how much air you can get in there.

If you turn the tune up to max fuel stretch, then it is no longer that "tune." The only thing different about the tunes is the stuff you can change with the pulse, according to Jeremy.

I think quad stated above 1800 on fuel stretch you can lose power up top. Not sure if that's on a stockish truck or what. I'm sure that depends on how much air you can get in there.

Well, the higher the fuel stretch #, the less rpms you will reach because you are draining the available fuel at lower rpm. I'm not going for big numbers above 3500rpm this time, just a straight up box vs box showdown. A few compD guys will be there to witness a 100% honest comparison. I will not use mirrors & I will not hide anything. I want to know which box is putting down the hp!:rockwoot:

Well, the higher the fuel stretch #, the less rpms you will reach because you are draining the available fuel at lower rpm. I'm not going for big numbers above 3500rpm this time, just a straight up box vs box showdown. A few compD guys will be there to witness a 100% honest comparison. I will not use mirrors & I will not hide anything. I want to know which box is putting down the hp!:rockwoot:

Too much stretch could be bad though it you have big enough sticks. Might want to try a run on 1800 and a run on 2200, similar to the reasoning of running the comp on 5x4 or whatever.

Too much stretch could be bad though it you have big enough sticks. Might want to try a run on 1800 and a run on 2200, similar to the reasoning of running the comp on 5x4 or whatever.

I just took a ride in it & I'm getting ready to drive it again. My truck likes the new dyno tune & 2200 seems to be the sweet spot. I hope they will let me do 1 more run....this Drag comp/Adrenaline stack is wicked!:rockwoot:

I just took a ride in it & I'm getting ready to drive it again. My truck likes the new dyno tune & 2200 seems to be the sweet spot. I hope they will let me do 1 more run....this Drag comp/Adrenaline stack is wicked!:rockwoot:

I'll paypal you $10. Tell them that should cover the additional run. :rockwoot: I'm curious.

Also do you have the new board adrenaline or whatever he sent you to try 4k tunes? If not, does yours have the firmware update? I just got mine back from being updated and it feels a lot better and a little stronger.

Also do you have the new board adrenaline or whatever he sent you to try 4k tunes? If not, does yours have the firmware update? I just got mine back from being updated and it feels a lot better and a little stronger.

Yea Jamie what board or box are you running. I still have my untouched box with no updates and wondering if I could run the new tunes posted?

Drag Comp/ADR stack ...... :what:
I like to try new things.LOL
Yea Jamie what board or box are you running. I still have my untouched box with no updates and wondering if I could run the new tunes posted?

I was going to run the regular box, but it has never been updated for the newest tunes yet. I won't send that box back to Quad for the firmware update because it turns 4300 rpm & I'm not breaking it. I am going to dyno the new 4k box, but I'm using the regular dyno tune from the website. I am not doing any 4k rpm runs with the Adrenaline or Drag comp. I might do the Redline/Drag comp to see what power it makes over 3500rpm.

I'll paypal you $10. Tell them that should cover the additional run. :rockwoot: I'm curious.
I got to drive the Adrenaline/Drag comp stack tonight. I think I may have misjudged that stack earlier. LOL I have so many boxes hooked to this truck that I didn't realize that the drag comp wasn't hooked to the canbus connector. It was also unhooked from the fuel tap.LOL I only got to test it for one short blast on my back road earlier & I'm not sure what happened there? It did feel stronger for a minute.LOL I think my truck is still doing the "more power at 80% throttle than at 100% throttle thing". Tonight, I kicked it down on a long stretch & it didn't feel stronger.LOL

Yep, new 4k board & I'm running the regular dyno tune from the site.

Here is my plan for tomorrow.

Run#1 Adrenaline dyno tune

Run #2 Drag Comp on 5x5

Run #3 Drag comp/Redline stack. [still not sure which drag comp setting to run?]