Fuel additive testers wanted

I am on the road driving about 2000miles, I've used the full bottle finally and while I didn't see a mileage increase because Im pulling my motorcycle and the white truck I did notice a great improvement in cold starting conditions.

I'm doing 700 miles a week down the same lonely stretch of highway. Didn't notice any cold weather start difference cause my truck was plugged in. Fresh oil with a bottle of rev-x in it and fresh transmission fluid as well. Sorry tim.

Man no problem. You could have probably seen more of a difference with the cold starts by not plugging it in. Thanks for the honest feedback guys. That is what I want.

It would have to have been a helluva difference to start this thing in 15* weather with 24* of timing and no grids LOL

Last edited:
I have not used the full bottle just yet, but at the recommended rate no increase in mileage has been noted. It has helped tremendously with cold starting however.

We have been using Rev X and have noticed significant gains, I am very impressed with what Dan has came up with

i am embarassed to say i still havent used it yet. but i am back to driving my duramax back and forth to work so i will give a heads up pretty quick. sorry to be so slow, mike

I did not recieve my bottle until a week ago. The truck is parked getting tweaked currently. When I get her back together I will let you know what I find out.

I'm testing this stuff myself. So far think I have a decrease in mileage. I will be testing it clear down to the flordia race, then switching back to another brand on the way back to see what does the best.

So I realize it has been a while since these bottles were sent out, but I wanted to give my honest assessment of the product now that I have had the opportunity to use the entire bottle.

The first thing you notice with Rev-X is the bottle. As a long time powerservice/2stroke oil user, I’ve always had a hard time getting the correct “dosage” from the bottle. The nice thing about the Rev-X bottle is that you are able to get the exact amount needed every time. Handy.
I tested the product in a couple of ways. First, the standard around town 5 minutes to work every morning commute. The next way was towing a small enclosed trailer 256 miles, and making the return trip empty for those 256 miles. This route is one that I’ve taken many times, and I am very familiar with the average MPG.

Around town, I did not notice a huge increase in MPG with Rev-X, but I did notice a slight improvement. If I spend a majority of time around town, I usually average around 15-17mpg. With the Rev-X, I average right around 17, with 1 tank at 16.6 and another at 17.3.
The towing test was impressive. I have done this trip many times, and usually get right around 18-19mpg empty. This trip, I got 18.7mpg while towing a 18 foot dual axle enclosed trailer with probably close to 3000 pounds inside. Not bad.
The return trip was an empty run, and I had another good run of 19.4mpg. Slightly above average for what I usually get on this trip.
Driving conditions were about as tough as you can imagine. Cold temps (under 20* for most of it), elevation changes from 2552ft, up to 4710ft on passes, and back down to 3220ft.

Over all, I have to say that I am a fan of Rev-X. I would absolutely run this product again, with the only (minor) hindrance being no local availability. Pretty easy to solve by placing orders online when you start to get low. I would like to run 10-20 tanks of fuel before I REALLY felt comfortable saying it improved mileage, but from my calculations, in my truck, using my driving habits in my climate, I have to say that I did notice an improvement in my winter fuel mileage.

you can't drink all day unless you start early in the morning.........

Back