5.9 ECM in 6.7 truck running/tuning issues.

My truck with the 06 ECM has a very sensitive pedal as well. There isn't much you can do to dumb it down. You can bandaid it a bit but for the most part he'll have to live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which pedal? I find it hard to believe that the injectors are causing the sensitivity. With the correct pedal it should be like any other truck. Could be wrong tho.
I have a 5.9 pedal and pig tail available
Cost on pigtail shipped too 43130? He already has the pedal I guess.

My truck with the 06 ECM has a very sensitive pedal as well. There isn't much you can do to dumb it down. You can bandaid it a bit but for the most part he'll have to live with it.

Are you using the 6.7 pedal still Paul?

I m not with the truck but I think its 09/05 ECM and it is a 6.7 pedal. Went on a drive tonight and the pedal is ridiculously sensitive no matter what I do with the tables. I have a feeling it's going to get a 5.9 pedal before I do anything else with it. Gotta track down a pigtail.
I have new plugs with the terminals if you want to swing past the house tonight. Or PM me and I'll get them in the mail to you. $25 for the connector housing and terminals.

Yes, it is the 6.7 pedal. Throttle is scaled properly on mine and I've tried dumbing it down on the commanded mm3 but it doesn't respond well. I've learned to drive around it because I honestly didn't mind it.

Well still at it. The truck runs and drives. Throttle issue is good now. I have flashed a couple dozen files in with different combinations and for the life of me I cannot get a smooth running truck. It runs like a rapped ape but just runs rough unless at wot. Pops out the exhaust when free revving slowly. I am flashing some single even files now which seem to do better. When truck is warm it gets better. I think some of it is timing related but most is injector. The truck rpm fluctuates when coming to a stop sign. The truck idles at 45-60mm3 if my duration is below 775 in the idle areas. It just acts stupid. Am I loosing my mind or is all these issues pretty much 6.7 injector related? Pasting my proven 6.7 maps over with all cases the same does not work at all. If I remember it won't even start because duration is lower than 600 in the idle areas. I am loosing track I have flashed this so much. Sorry for the run on paragraph but I had to rant.

Well the good news is the single event tunes responded much better with pretty smooth operation. Their is still a little stumbling when coming off the throttle and startup but that seems to be the injector mismatch issue. We won't be able to get a good test in the large tunes until we get on the dyno. Just no traction. But at this point its very drivable. I'm sure it's going to give me fits starting cold in the 7* weather we are having but at least I'm making progress. Ultimately like all others have said, just go 5.9 injectors. I won't do another like this.

I'm aware of that it can be solved. This truck just has a little stumble and not real rough like some I have seen. Not that big of a deal. I'll hit that issue when the other chit is ironed out.

It is an early 06 ECM Nick. I'm going to go back at it here in a little bit and see how it acts cold with the single even tunes.

06 ecm usually runs 6.7 injectors fine . 07 5.9 is slightly different and even with the same tune & os it still runs funny. Pm me your email and I'll send a tune that worked for me if your still having trouble

Back