Budget Data Logger

Also, keep in mind that you can buy a OBD2 Bluetooth dongle and download the TorquePro app on your phone and log any sensor on the vehicle. It works great and will output to a spreadsheet you can download. I used to use this on my Audi all the time since it's got WAY more CAN sensors than my 12V. Keep in mind your sensor locations and how beneficial they'll be to you, but this could help cut down on the cost of extra sensors.

I started at the end of the thread and was reading the posts backwards, thinking to myself why no-one was talking arduino. Thank you, Sir.

Ha ha I really feel like it was overlooked a bit. Thanks for noticing! LOL

What about an Edge Insight with the expandable data logging kit.

I'm looking to possible do this on my truck. With the data logging kit you get the 12v power supply, 2 EGT monitors, 2 5 volt sensors, 2 pressure sensors, and 2 temperature sensors. With the monitor you can have this for around $1,200.

Then you can unplug it from your hot rod and plug it into your toater's OBDII and have gauges in that.

I went with isspro proformax gauges and logger. Logs up to 17 individual sensors and graphs them on a spreadsheet. You don't even actually have to run any gauges if you don't want to. I did because they have a recall feature on all gauges that will show you the max high or max low. Quick and handy for at the track, without having to open and view the spreadsheet.

Where can I find something like this. I did a quick search and didnt find much. Does this work with all of their gauges? I'd love to replace the gauges in my truck with new, but also want a data log feature. E

Edge Insight is about $1,200 and thats what I'm going to spend on gauges. So, its one or the other.

I have a performax system with an assortment of gauges and some of the sensors. I bought it used a few years ago but I never installed it. I would let it go reasonable if someone was going to use it. It would need the datalogger port and jump drive, but last I knew that was under $100

97 and early 98 it did.

It doesn't tell you much more than RPM and fault codes (like when I lock up my TC and it didn't want that to happen!:hehe:

Okay you scared me. That's the reason why I went ahead and gutted my stock electrical after losing the dash (and stock cluster). I wanted to go ahead and be ready for a logger with display.

There looks to be plenty of options, just looks like the main cons are price or limited capabilities.

I second the isspro gauges/sensors/data logger. I use it on my truck and log 9 gauges/sensors. Really works well and the price is palatable.

An RPM Datalogger setup is about 4k... so Still on the hunt. Id really like something with a monitor, not seperate guages.... Still waiting replies on other setups.

No. Moment in the Edge Insight as a budged logger and gauge set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a Edge CTS on my truck and it works great for seeing the max valves of all the sensors but the data logging feature seems to be hit or miss. The logger turns on and off just fine but when I go to pull the log off the cts and export it to my computer, it normally freezes the program and closes out. I just started recording the screen when on the dyno for play back but down the track all I get is the max values.
The other thing that's a bit annoying is when I kill power to the cts it does not save the last recorded max values so I have to be sure and record them before turning the key off.

127dfd33eadbb09b1c72d4f8a8e523e7.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back