Single gt55 on a 12v

97rada

Has anyone tried this in the drag racing world? I very much enjoy compounds but they have a high price with them
When you start wanting a 5 second 8th. Truck is still a 5.9 and I don't have a problem using nitrous to get on it and an AMS to carry shaft speed out of the hole. Any Info would be good.

Has anyone tried this in the drag racing world? I very much enjoy compounds but they have a high price with them
When you start wanting a 5 second 8th. Truck is still a 5.9 and I don't have a problem using nitrous to get on it and an AMS to carry shaft speed out of the hole. Any Info would be good.

Not drag racing, but we did 1525hp on a gtx5533r with a smooth bore plug in it. It was a 91mm billet 10blade. With a 1.24 housing. On a 5.9 13mm pump and Hamilton head, very mild build. It was very easy to drive out of the hole. I don't think you would have any problem at all running it with good supporting mods.

Also had a friend that ran a 94mm gt55 forced turbo on the street with a 1.00 hosing.

Truck currently is a 5.9 with a worked stock head and 13mm pump ect. It will be getting rods this winter but is still a cast piston engine.
Is that the BB version ?

Truck currently is a 5.9 with a worked stock head and 13mm pump ect. It will be getting rods this winter but is still a cast piston engine.
Is that the BB version ?

Yes was a bb. Ours is a cast piston, stock rod, cast cam wet block motor. With over 120 passes on the same block. Lol

We have a Precision Pro Mod charger on our 12v. basically the same thing as a GT55. I cant say i have good data for you yet but once its lit ive never fallen off of it and it feels like it hauls the mail.

Yes was a bb. Ours is a cast piston, stock rod, cast cam wet block motor. With over 120 passes on the same block. Lol

You give me hope that my engine won't kill itself. My only change is a billet cam and rods. Anyone have a hami head laying around

You give me hope that my engine won't kill itself. My only change is a billet cam and rods. Anyone have a hami head laying around

I think that brings up the old discussion of sled pulling versus drag racing, and that the shifts on a drag racer are brutal things that are torque and rapid RPM change sensitive(Rods and Cam driving a big pump come to mind)

I think that brings up the old discussion of sled pulling versus drag racing, and that the shifts on a drag racer are brutal things that are torque and rapid RPM change sensitive(Rods and Cam driving a big pump come to mind)

I am a firm believer in the drag racing side being harder on the engine. That spike in cylinder pressure and TQ from an 1100 rpm drop really can be tough on parts.

I am a firm believer in the drag racing side being harder on the engine. That spike in cylinder pressure and TQ from an 1100 rpm drop really can be tough on parts.

I agree 100%. But it also will come back to where you run the motor. If you want to turn if 5k and shift at 4 would be a a totally different thing that 2500-4k shifts.

Not drag racing, but we did 1525hp on a gtx5533r with a smooth bore plug in it. It was a 91mm billet 10blade. With a 1.24 housing. On a 5.9 13mm pump and Hamilton head, very mild build. It was very easy to drive out of the hole. I don't think you would have any problem at all running it with good supporting mods.

Also had a friend that ran a 94mm gt55 forced turbo on the street with a 1.00 hosing.

What was the fueling set-up?

What stall do you plan to run with a gt55? I'd imagine a 3k stall would be pretty much mandatory.

Also if you plan to travel to races that are a lot higher in elevation and the DA sucks, it'll be harder for you to race consistent with a big single. I've watched lots of fast trucks that I knew were capable of some pretty awesome numbers struggle hardcore to light their turbo in SLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to get caught with my pants down at a race early next year. I can give it a shot as a single middle of the summer. Just for fun.
The truck needs to run in the 5s next year

a mechanical truck in the 5s on a budget? Thats not possible they say! haha

a mechanical truck in the 5s on a budget? Thats not possible they say! haha

I am staying with my 12v block to. I think it can be done. I went 6.44 leaving soft with a 12mm pump, low timing and a gt4094/484 setup. Cut weight and add 250 hp and it should do it.

I am staying with my 12v block to. I think it can be done. I went 6.44 leaving soft with a 12mm pump, low timing and a gt4094/484 setup. Cut weight and add 250 hp and it should do it.

Went 6.11 at 116 this year with a 13mm 24v 5.9 stock 260k mile motor. Valve springs, pushrods, and a 188/220 were the only things done to the motor.

Back