Thread: Shop Truck
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #49
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
We are officially in the qualifier at UCC2018. We will do our best to bring some entertainment your way whether it be with diesel performance or not. .

I feel fortunate to have this opportunity.

The "Shop Truck" will be weapon for this competition.

Just as Bodacious was built with CompD help, so will the "Shop Truck".

The Plan:

1 - Stay healthy!!!!!
2 - First Gen all the way (I had a 48 Power Wagon bought, not sure what happened to those folks????? Met em at UCC, made the deal, sent $1,000 to secure, have not heard from them in over two months)
3 - Dana 60 and 80 for all portions of the competition. (Maybe?? lol) Does anyone see the need to put the weight on the chassis or just let the rears add the weight? We will be 3600lb for the MRA races with big 'ol heavy mud tires. If I leave the truck light for the drags, where in the heck am I gonna put 1400+ lbs safely if not in the diffs??
4 - Other than a couple brush pulls with my old '90 model, I have no pulling experience. We did, however, buy one sweet first gen pulling truck. We have 'Smokin Addiction' to model our pulling set-up after and I'm pretty sure I wore the pullers out on here asking questions. lol
5 - Don't know for sure if it will happen or not but mine will be street legal and I'd like to drive it through the gates just to prove that point before the competition begins. Hey, no biggy if I have to haul it in due to rules.
6 - Probably should have been second on the list. Must have fun and enjoy life while building truck. lol (I know it is a sad day when you have to remind yourself of this)