Thread: Shop Truck
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #50
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Studying on things down in the shop late last night. I need to weigh 3600lbs to compete in the MRA Super Stock Class. This will have to be a single turbocharger set-up due to rules.

You will see us perform something here you wont find us doing to often. The UCC is requiring the truck weigh 5000lbs. So, 1400lbs must be added safely and effectively for the drag racing portion of UCC.

No doubt about it, if I don't show up with a triple set-up, I may as well stay home or become the "God of Nitrous Diesels" lol

So, we are going to run a big 'ol nasty Garrett (Thanks PDD) single in the MRA. PDD had two of these babies on their UCC2017 entry. Hey Todd or Will, if you are watching, what do I need for a manifold charger?? What I'm getting at is these turbos are heavy=adding weight and power instead of just weight. Plus all the plumbing, A/W intercoolers, and supporting hardware will also add weight.

Back to my adding a 60 and an 80 for the drag race portion. I might be able to do the 80 in the rear, but, I just can't bring myself to install that big 'ol heavy 60 in the front until I need it.

Just thinking out loud so if I make a mistake here, hopefully someone will chime in.