clarkoh

Name: clarkoh
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkoh View Post
-Late summer.
-Pins seem OK.
-Fuse and its connection appear perfect.

I have put several hundred miles on the truck on the last few days. The downshifts are becoming very few and far between. One thing I have noticed. The trans seems reluctant to shift to second. I have 1-2 shift set at about 15-16 mph. It usually happens right at 25MPH and about 2800RPM, with little or no throttle. Once it hits second, the 3rd, TCC and OD occur right about where they are programmed. I backed off the kick down to about 60%. Shifts are still firm and the downshifts are less harsh.

Question, now that I have the Anteater working to my liking, should I mess with the Governor psi Modifier? Could this have an effect on the late 1-2 shift?

BTW, I am pretty happy with the Anteater. I have not tried the laptop in a week. I will soon.

Thanks, again for the help.
Got the laptop hooked up and it lasted long enough, before locking up, to observe 2 full cycles of gear changes. The Anteater is not delaying the 1-2 shift. The 1-2 command comes right at programmed point. And on the first 2 cycles of the transmission, on a cool morning, the trans shifted as programmed. Once it locks up, Anteater has to be power cycled to resume ability of the FTSC to communicate. And the Dashboard has to be closed and reinitiated to resume monitoring. And, once the trans has some temperature, the delay of the 1-2 shift resumes at about 25MPH. This is with the kick down held at about 60%. At 100% it acts exactly the same.

Could there be a sticky valve in the VB? and/or, Could the Governor psi Modifier be effecting the delay?

Thank you
00Ram 24 valve short bed
4"exhaust, lm25, air box, big inj
48 Dodge, 4BT, P pump, Ram frame, Dana 70, NV4500 Twin turbos, 5" exhaust still under construction