View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
Got Smoke?

Name: Got Smoke?
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Retrofit Projector problems on my VW TDI?

I realize this isn't necessarily diesel related, but its on a diesel powered car and I can't get any help on the TDI forum or retrofit forums.

Ok I have had a set of retrofits in my car for almost a year now, and they work great on the low beam but I cannot get the high beams to work correctly. Switching from low beam to high beam my bulbs shut completely off.

Parts:
Acme H1 projectors
Morimoto bulbs and ballast's
Morimoto relay harness

I asked on a retrofit forum on FB and was told to swap the blue and white wires in the 9004/9007 plug on the relay harness. Doing this doesn't change anything. Now if I swap the brown wire from one end of the plug to the other it doesn't matter what position the white and blue wires are in in the other slots I have high beams on the low setting. Then when I flip the stalk from low to high the shield retracts as if to go to low beam, but then the bulb cuts completely off.

We've tried the wires all different ways and cannot figure it out, has anyone had this same issue?

Before being repined.

Click the image to open in full size.

After repining

Click the image to open in full size.

1997 2500 Jokerfab cyl head, PDR street cam, FDS benched pump, DFI 5x18's, HX35 63/67, FirePunk 47RE & anteater.

2003 Jetta TDI 5spd "DZL WGN" lot's of mods