Cordless impact opinions/differences

HightechRedneck

Well I'm thinking about purchasing a cordless impact and I wanted to see your guys opinions and what you use.

I have been looking hard at the Ingersoll Rand 1/2 drive 20 volt setup.

But there is others.

Snapon
Matco
Milwaukee Fuel M18
Makita
Etc.

Specifically 1/2" drive. Friction ring style. Warranty is a must and expandability would be great but seeing the IR doesnt have much beyond the grease gun.

Thanks guys!!

My Snap On has worked well for me . Seems to have good power and the battery lasts longer than the Milwaukee I have.

I got a super cheap (Masterforce) one from Menards, best damned tool in my Commonrail killing arsenal. :)
It yanks headbolts and main bolts with ease, as well as flywheel bolts.
Even those confounded damper bolts are no match and I can do 2 engines with 1 battery pack.

It'll probably die within a year (been 6 months, now), but it's already been worth the money.

Mark.

The Matco impact sucks, I traded it off last year after borrowing a buddies Snap-On 14.4v lithium 3/8" Impact. Twice as powerful.

My 18v Dewalt is one of my favorite tools, I'm not sure how I lived without it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We've got the Milwaukee M18 here at the coal wash plant. It probably gets used more than anything we have toolwise... It gets rebuilt probably every 6-9 months, but the thing gets abused and is only generally used for 1/2-7/8" bolts...

I have 2 snap-on 1/2". They are very stout and will remove most any bolt. Battery life is very good.

I know a couple people that have the dewalts and like them too.

I have a Snap On 14.4V 3/8" and a 18V Lithium 1/2". Best purchases I ever made lol

Sent from my paperweight

X2. I bought mine used off my best friend before he left for the army anout 3-4 years ago. I forgot that I had it until about 6 months ago. Idk how I forgot about the thing. Its incredible.

Snap-On has a promotion going on right now if your can track down a dealer. Buy a 18v Lithium 3/8" kit with charger and two batteries ($599.00) and get a wobbly deep impact metric socket set free. $327 kit of sockets. The 3/8" 18v is rated at 230 ft/lbs.

Ive had the 1/2 inch snap on impact for almost 3 years now. I use it 5 days a week. Battery life is great and have only come across a couple bolts it wouldnt touch, but they were a little un realistic anyways. The only problem ive had was with one battery failing. But it had been wet from working on a snow covered truck on the side of the road and dropped countless times.

I've seen some shops use the Makita 18V LiIon and I was thinking about getting that one, when I finally bite the bullet and get one...

Back