68rfe Test Truck

3brorce

After setting in traffic for almost 3 hours, we have made it back home with our 6.7/68rfe test truck. Look for custom TCM tuning for these trucks in the near future. This truck will join the rest of our test fleet to help us keep bringing the best in custom tuning to our customers.

Attachments

• get-attachment-33.jpg
    get-attachment-33.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 0
48re tuning? There is really no such thing. There is no TCM with a 48re. Granted there is some manipulating that can be done but nothing like with a TCM and the 68.

48re tuning? There is really no such thing. There is no TCM with a 48re. Granted there is some manipulating that can be done but nothing like with a TCM and the 68.

Yup, What happened to the 48re shift strategy I was reading about? Or perhaps a pressure box to compliment efi tuning

Last edited:
What about the 48re shift strategy I was reading about? Or perhaps a pressure box to compliment efi tuning

On the 06-07 5.9 trucks you can tweak some items in EFI live. You can change the governor pressure map which would be similar to moving the shift points.

I have spent very little time looking at it, but from initial glance there are some tweaks that could be done to change shifting on the 48RE. It is more along shift points, not so much as firmness from what I could see.

All that can be is some shift points, lock-up speed and TTVA actions. No shift firmness its all through the valve body.

On the 06-07 5.9 trucks you can tweak some items in EFI live. You can change the governor pressure map which would be similar to moving the shift points.

I have spent very little time looking at it, but from initial glance there are some tweaks that could be done to change shifting on the 48RE. It is more along shift points, not so much as firmness from what I could see.

That would be a nice bonus when im ready to buy efi live. Thanks for the answers guys

Phil is right, we usually leave those parameters stock unless we are trying to do something specific especially on a built trans. Most valve body builders build them so that they shift a certain way with stock parameters. It also needs to be mentioned that messing with TTVA can affect overall line pressure and lead to burnt clutch packs if modified incorrectly. The tables can be very helpful on say a big single charger truck to stretch the shifts out a little to help stay on top of the charger.

Back