2013 rule changes

I agree, it is a purpose built competitive class. Pick a length and build them to it. (or run a % hitch rule) Either way is fine. But a fixed 44" hitch length regardless of wheelbase is retarded. I have yet to see a valid argument for why this rule exist in a purpose built class such as 2.6, including responses from PPL.

They did pick a length, the longest allowed wheelbase. The shorter ones are allowed, just like an air to air, and a stock turbo. :)

They did pick a length, the longest allowed wheelbase. The shorter ones are allowed, just like an air to air, and a stock turbo. :)

So why state it must be an OEM Chassis and OEM body? I would like to lengthen a RCLB to 172" but it then wouldn't meet the OEM body rule.

So why state it must be an OEM Chassis and OEM body? I would like to lengthen a RCLB to 172" but it then wouldn't meet the OEM body rule.

I am just saying. It is a purpose built class, and they intend you to build it to the longest wheelbase chassis allowed. Plus the wonderful world of past precedent comes in. Why do you think they haven't outlawed Air to waters and such yet. If you make it a percentage rule, folks will complain about that as well. They probably picked the easiest rule to enforce.

The 2.6 class is a mess, the next class(2.5) will have more of the rule loopholes addressed. LOL.

It is a purpose built class.

They should treat it that way.

They don't expect everyone to build the longest truck. They are trying to make everyone happy instead of just taking the hard line of this is how it is. I believe this is a carryover from the "street class" days where 2.6 was the starter class.

As new organizations start to make this and other diesel classes more "mainstream" and increase the payouts every night, i hope they will treat them like the other professional classes. Whether it hurts feelings or not. If that means I have to buy a regular cab truck so be it.

And seriously, a percentage rule would not be hard to enforce.

I need to get to building my hitch now.

Lol, do u see me *****ing cause rclb trucks can hang 2000 out front... Maybe we should make a 3000lb per say front end weight rule... You can build any truck you want! The 44" rule has been around forever in 2.6 why change it

Lol, do u see me *****ing cause rclb trucks can hang 2000 out front... Maybe we should make a 3000lb per say front end weight rule... You can build any truck you want! The 44" rule has been around forever in 2.6 why change it

Apparently you have corner scaled your own truck because i cant guarantee it weights more than 3000lbs on the front tires.

I want to say my rclb weighed 6400lbs on the front tires.

They should treat it that way.

They don't expect everyone to build the longest truck. They are trying to make everyone happy instead of just taking the hard line of this is how it is. I believe this is a carryover from the "street class" days where 2.6 was the starter class.

As new organizations start to make this and other diesel classes more "mainstream" and increase the payouts every night, i hope they will treat them like the other professional classes. Whether it hurts feelings or not. If that means I have to buy a regular cab truck so be it.

And seriously, a percentage rule would not be hard to enforce.

I need to get to building my hitch now.

Look at the top 3.0 class, seems that guys don't seem to have much issue with the wheelbase rules.

They couldn't even kick someone out over hydraulic steering and no rear brakes.

I hear what your saying, they don't seem to be having a shortage of trucks in the 2.6 class. So who knows?

Who is to decide what percentage is fair though? Do the current percentage rules take into account the 8000 lb class?

Apparently you have corner scaled your own truck because i cant guarantee it weights more than 3000lbs on the front tires.

I want to say my rclb weighed 6400lbs on the front tires.

I know 2 people can pick my ass end up and turn the truck... ever seen a ford due that..lol :pop:

I know 2 people can pick my ass end up and turn the truck... ever seen a ford due that..lol :pop:

Are they turning the truck at the same time? Or do you let them take turns on who picks you up and who turns the truck? :)

If they were going to put a WB limit on the class they should have done it before now. Hell 90% of them are crew or ext cabs.

My rear axle is moved back 2 inches so my wheelbase is 174 ;)

This is exactly my point on why the PPL rules are so F'd up.

Not only do they have a misprinted wheelbase requirement, but there is an implied "real" requirement of 172 which they have not fixed in their rules or updated in the recent changes. Since this doesn't exist anywhere in writing it can't be enforced by other associations who adopted PPL's rules as written.

If you look at the Outlaw's rules they went with the 158 wb also. I wonder if they will enforce it or if they even knew it was a typo?

Back