13' 3500 DRW death wobble.

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
Anybody else have death wobble issues with the new front end?
If so, what corrected yours?
I have a stock 13' 3500 Dually with stock size tires and no lift/leveling. The truck has 50,000 mi on it and it really likes to death wobble. It has recently been aligned twice and I installed a new track bar. It it very easy to make it start.
Ball joints feel very good.
I'm kinda missing my sloppy second gens right about now:doh:
I have a steering stabilizer on order.
It does not seem to care if you have a trailer on or not.

The parents had this happen on their 14 and it was the steering stabilizer. It had a dead spot in it.

I will report back once the new one arrives and is installed. I ordered a BDS one. I wanted to go with a dual setup, but I need a lift kit for the duals to fit.

I thought I saw something about a recall for this? Maybe not. Something about welds on a steering box or something.

New BDS steering stabilizer seems to have stopped the death wobble. The BDS has a smaller rod than the OEM one.
After removing the OEM it had a dead spot right in the middle of the stroke.

I thought I saw something about a recall for this? Maybe not. Something about welds on a steering box or something.

I believe you are referring to the welds breaking on the track bar mount at the frame. I just read up on this recall.

OP. Glad it was something simple to fix.

I just don't understand the sensitivity of these front ends. I have had numerous wore the F out 2nd gens that never did it. I have gone over most of the areas that trigger it and it seems to be good. I feel like I notice it to begin for a split second, but it never continues.
I could just be overly sensitive after it happening a few times.

Back