Adding a turbo to my SS 475

Another option is triples. A couple of box s475 and associated plumbing might even save a few bucks if you can do the Fab work yourself.

This triples suggestion looks to like a good one.
Lowers egts , less smoke, quicker spool up.

What are the cons ?

What's Lavon have on his old white truck? Isn't it in that power range, and still gets hooked to a trailer on occasion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What's Lavon have on his old white truck? Isn't it in that power range, and still gets hooked to a trailer on occasion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I mean the old school 366/480 gated used to get to 11-1200 with the right housings and old tuning.

The new race truck build I did has a Hamilton solid 6.7 block, 5.9 crank, carrilo long rods, 6.7 pistons, girdled, bigger cam then yours, ported head, side draft, similar sized injectors with two 12mm stroker pumps. Turbos are an older Fleece 71/83 T4 with a 1.1 housing over a SXE594 with a 1.45 T6 housing. One 60mm wastegate on the exhaust manifold and one 60mm gate on the hot pipe. 06 ecm with tuning by Starlite. 2500 rpm converter and the turbos spool extremely quick. 20psi at 2500 in under about 3 seconds. Made 1500hp at the tire on my chassis dyno. Our first and only full 1/4 mile pass was a 9.43 @ 145mph. That was on our 1300hp tune.

This sounds like a nice spooling setup, and the e/t and mph are enviable, but that e/t and mph at 5,500lbs puts it at just under 1,100 hp on the CompD hp calculator.

This sounds like a nice spooling setup, and the e/t and mph are enviable, but that e/t and mph at 5,500lbs puts it at just under 1,100 hp on the CompD hp calculator.

Our tune made 1300hp at 3700rpm, the driver missed pretty much all the shifts and was shifting at 5000rpm. We have a tune revision now that brought the power out to 4100rpm. Proper shifts we feel confident we can get an 8.90 at over 150mph with this tune. Our pass was also the first and only 1/4 mile one we made on this complete new build. More seat time will only help us go faster.

Our tune made 1300hp at 3700rpm, the driver missed pretty much all the shifts and was shifting at 5000rpm. We have a tune revision now that brought the power out to 4100rpm. Proper shifts we feel confident we can get an 8.90 at over 150mph with this tune. Our pass was also the first and only 1/4 mile one we made on this complete new build. More seat time will only help us go faster.

Gotcha. I understand the whole “first time out” thing.
It’ll only get better with practice and fine tuning!

Back