what else should i do for power?

powermad

trevor
im looking to get around 550 hp and plan on running my truck on the dyno soon. my list of mods is this

4000gsk
60lb springs
2095 plug
191 dv
plate removed
5x.012 injectors 010 lift 280 bar
62/65/12(limiting factor)

anything else im missing besides a s475 under my 62? :st:

Bigger injectors would be easy. Benched pump is cheap and I've heard its one of the best mods. Wish mine was maxed at balanced.

I made 560 out of a 62, but it wasn't happy about it and the mod list was a lot longer. That S475 you mentioned would help greatly.

You will definitely want to max and balance your pump. I've never heard anything but praises when Seth's name from DPE is brought up. Besides that I'd say 5x14's or maybe even 5x16's would make that goal a lot more realistic. And I'd either step up to a 64mm turbo or do those twins you were talking about. Do you plan to tow with this setup or will it be used mostly for pulling/racing?

its a 180 pump. ive been thinking of 5x.014s and either twinning it or swaping the 62 with a out of box borg warner s366 and externally gating it

I made 550 on the nose and 1100tq with a 64/71 and 5x14's. 160hp pump never off the truck, I'm sure it would make better with more fuel but it was clean there. It's a proven combo that been done plenty of times

If you plan to ever tow I wouldn't go with a 66mm. It'll make great top end power but everything down low will be basically non existent. If you plan to tow go with the twins or a billet 63mm. Either of those options will support 550hp. I honestly think a 66mm is a little big for a goal of 550. If you go twins you could tow, race, pull, easily support you hp goals, and you have room to grow in the future if you decide to. But it will cost more and require more work and tuning as well.

yea ive ran 66/74/14 on my old truck. and cant agree more. i dont do any pulling anymore after selling my boat. ive been looking at bw 63/68/.91a/r they are only 680 bucks from mikes turbo.

Talk to Taylor at Manning Motorsports. His name on here is TMONEYDIESEL. He can guide you in the right direction and can give you just as good a deal as anyone else could.

I would definitely get the pump benched. I have never heard of a bad experience from Seth either, and I think the rate was something like $250 just for max/balance.

Then 5x.012's are only 80% bigger than a 215 injector, I would definitely go with 5x.014's (145% bigger), or 7x.012's (152% bigger, and probably better street manors).

I like the idea of 7 holes, but havent tried them yet. Definitely going to after the wedding is paid for ;-)

I would definitely get the pump benched. I have never heard of a bad experience from Seth either, and I think the rate was something like $250 just for max/balance.

Then 5x.012's are only 80% bigger than a 215 injector, I would definitely go with 5x.014's (145% bigger), or 7x.012's (152% bigger, and probably better street manors).

I like the idea of 7 holes, but havent tried them yet. Definitely going to after the wedding is paid for ;-)

Its funny you mentioned the 7 hole injectors as I've heard the opposite. They have ****ty street manners and don't make the power the 5 hole injectors can. I don't know that for a fact though. Could someone with actual experience chime in and give us some answers? Smokem? LOL

There is no argument. The one thing I have seen over the last two years with the 7-hole injectors; consistent poor EDM quality.

Its funny you mentioned the 7 hole injectors as I've heard the opposite. They have ****ty street manners and don't make the power the 5 hole injectors can. I don't know that for a fact though. Could someone with actual experience chime in and give us some answers? Smokem? LOL

Funny you say that. He PMed me and we were talking about that before you posted this. ha ha

I'll take his word on them. I have had experiences in other peoples trucks, but it is hard to compare considering every truck I have been in has had different turbo setups, and definitely different pump setups.

Back