12 valve Fan shroud

Highwayman

bored.
Not sure if this is "custom fab" worthy, but anyways.

Do you guys Think I would have any problems with setting my fans up off to the side like this? With a hole or two down towards the bottom corner.

Should I just find another spot for my tank?

IMG_20150301_143811_277_zps1b4674be.jpg

The best efficiency will have the two fans centered in the shroud both up and down and side to side. Any holes you put in it will make the fans draw through them and not the rad. Path of least resistance.

That makes way too much sense. LOL

I was just thinking about flow while moving. And I put the fans on the "hotter" side where the water comes in.

That makes way too much sense. LOL

I was just thinking about flow while moving. And I put the fans on the "hotter" side where the water comes in.

I've seen many staggered like that, oem even. I assumed it was to have force air over all of the tubes.

Put the hole in it, but make a flap of some sort that will cover the hole when the fans turn on, but when highway driving it can blow open.

The air will just push through the fans while you are driving down the road. I don't see the need for the flap. It might push through the direct path a little easier, however it will push through all of them some.

The air will just push through the fans while you are driving down the road. I don't see the need for the flap. It might push through the direct path a little easier, however it will push through all of them some.

x2, I've seen many people with staggered setups using old Taurus fans and square sheet metal shrouds with zero issues, including towing and drag strip.

thinking too much, we are.

Yeah, usually I have the opposite problem.
I've never done one of the before, so I just wanted another opinion.
Flaps are on the way. Two per side and maybe one in the middle, depending on where I end up putting my fan controller.

On second thought, I'll probably put it down at the bottom.

Last edited:
Back