View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #12
Mr W

Name: Mr W
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Well I’m no longer going to be shocked to see cobbled together parts on this truck. I’m starting in the back and working my way forward. I looked under the dash and saw what looked like dollar store butt connectors with bare wire sticking out of them. It takes about 2 seconds to shorten a wire up before making a crimp and it wasnt done. The good news is I bought this because I felt it was a good AFFORDABLE foundation to get into the local brush pulls. I teachi metal shop and feel it’s a good learning tool for my students. I just need to figure out what’s been done that I can deal with and what needs to be changed. My priority is to get the chassis setup so I actually have a chance to get whatever power the truck has to the dirt. It’s open in the front and rear so I need to investigate lockers and spools. I’ve removed approximately 300-400 pounds from the truck so far. It was at 7460 lbs before. I priced auto meters tach and still haven’t eliminated that option. If I can get the factory tach to work that would be great and would allow me to put money somewhere else. I appreciate you guys chiming in.