Billet Rods

BigBadDodge

Well I talked to Jim yesterday at Cunningham, he is the same guy I spoke with at SEMA a little about there rods. He relayed some bad news and said that they might not be around to much longer the ole man who is 80 fell down a flight of stairs and isn't doing real good. Jim thinks his daughter might close the shop :( he said if I needed a set of rods I better get an order in quick. I haven't placed an order yet as the lead time is 14 weeks out.

Stuff029.jpg

Anyboody have a set of these rods there willing to sell now and wait the 14 weeks for a replacment set?

Anybody know what the lead time on a set from Woodruff is like?

BBD

BBD we have a set for sale. They are over at Cunningham now. 1 rod is bad, and the rest are fine. He's going to make a new one to get the set out. Let me know if you need them, Richard

BBD we have a set for sale. They are over at Cunningham now. 1 rod is bad, and the rest are fine. He's going to make a new one to get the set out. Let me know if you need them, Richard

Thanks Richard, Jim did say you had a set, I will let you know.

Thanks again

BBD

I asked the folks at Carrillo if they made them for the Cummins below is there response.

Hi Scott,
We do not make a rod for the Cummins because of the angled split line between the cap & rod. We however have another idea that maybe by using 4 smaller bolts (instead of two large 7/16” bolts) we can make the rod narrow enough to fit through the cylinder bore. Can you send a sample original rod? And the cylinder bore specification?

Sincerely,
Scott Greatrake
Carrillo Industries

Don't think I will be going that route, if anybody would like to work with them go for it.

BBD

doesn't tts make rods too scott?

Yes they do, and they have them in stock, in fact cheaper then any others I have priced. Not sure I want to go cheap on rods though, and I am not saying there cheaper quality either.

They have pictures of the Dmax rods on there site, but none of the Cummins, and said they had no pictures anybody ever seen the TTS Cummins Rods?

BBD

Yes they do, and they have them in stock, in fact cheaper then any others I have priced. Not sure I want to go cheap on rods though, and I am not saying there cheaper quality either.

They have pictures of the Dmax rods on there site, but none of the Cummins, and said they had no pictures anybody ever seen the TTS Cummins Rods?

BBD

they had one on display at the booth at sema. it looked pretty nice.

Back