2008 Ram with iPad mini in-dash

2002nightmare

I just finished installing an iPad mini in the dash of a 2008 Dodge. The iPad is mounted in front of a single DIN Pioneer headunit with rear USB. There is a USB lightning cord mounted in the kit running to the headunit for charging and audio. The iPad is removable to allow radio/CD functions. With the help of a WiFi hotspot, all apps can be utilized. The mounting kit is from http://www.fifieldfabrications.com and requires fiberglassing the kit into an existing dash bezel. This was my first experience with fiberglass so I think the results could have been better but I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. All in all, this is the best head unit I've ever had in a vehicle with the most function of anything on the market.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
Why not hard wire the iPad and Bluetooth the signal to a DSP and go from there?
Put all the audio on the iPad as Lossless or comparable and skip the standard head unit altogether.

Why not hard wire the iPad and Bluetooth the signal to a DSP and go from there?
Put all the audio on the iPad as Lossless or comparable and skip the standard head unit altogether.

You're obviously far more advanced than I so pardon the ignorance but wouldn't you lose local radio that way? I know most nowadays have an app that allows you to still listen but that requires data streaming.

Wonder which kit would work best in a 4th gen since they have a little more room.. Either way, it looks great bud!

Back