Thread: TS Outlaw 2018
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I personally like that they are focusing on "diesel trucks" and that the event is at one venue... I miss seeing the diesel truck classes pull, but it was a bummer waiting through 50-100 tractors (or more) in multiple classes as well as 50-100 gassers in multiple classes that blasted out our ear drums.

PPL seemed to be much more focused on their favored classes than the diesel truck classes. It was sad to me to know that the 2.6/3.0 class would qualify 60-80 trucks down to only 16-20 trucks then have 75 tractors in a class with no qualifying... Also with their rules changes and such recently it seems as though the truck counts at most events have dropped a ton!!! I think there was less than 25 TOTAL trucks at the Rocky Top PPL pull last year, and that was counting ALL the trucks in ALL THREE classes!!!!

I would like to see TS bring back diesel truck pulling to their event. If it was an "Outlaw" pull without a sanction with 3 or 4 solid diesel truck classes that would be great!!! IMHO

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.