Thread: WVO
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
floridabob

Name: floridabob
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I used it for 130k miles in a 96 Dodge 2500 and who knows how many miles in Mercedes engines and TDIs. My personal vehicles. Hand calculated 10% decrease WVO mileage in the truck. Towing a load was nearly 20% drop in mileage. This is in a converted truck w/2 tank system. As for whats involved in converting, all those sites are pretty good at giving the basics: 2 tank parallel systems are the best, heat is necessary, filtering is critical.

Needs to be de-watered. Period. Consequences are guaranteed otherwise. Filtering out trash was easy w/spin ons if you dont centrifuge...which would dewater and filter.

Reading your post leads me to believe you are doing a pro/con discussion of its use and reviewing risk/benefit w/associated expenses? There are many soft costs not considered until you have done it and some repairs that can be debated as to whether they were caused by WVO or not.

If you have specific data you want or anecdotal stuff, I may have plenty of BS to supply!

As for $3 per gallon for used, not at the collection site. MAYBE after its rendered. And before you tell me I'm wrong, I was a Divisional Director with 65 restaurants for years. They dont pay that. Right now I work for a place with 650 outlets, 70% of them getting oil collected and they dont pay that. I also collected my own for years and never paid. The option was there for the restaurants to be paid, but they allowed me to have it in exchange for clean barrels and a pressure wash quarterly.

Good luck w/the paper!

Bob